Blackstone’s Federal is seeking a Solutions Architect with experience in enterprise resource management, human capital/resource and/or large scale federal enterprise solutions built using cloud-based and/or cloud-native technology stacks. The ideal candidate will have proven ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders and develop customer focused and innovative hybrid cloud computing and application platform solutions. This includes the analysis of high-level business problems and requirements and identifying creative solutions to improve the overall efficiency and value. This leader will work directly with key stakeholders to document analysis of alternatives (AOA), level of effort (LOE), and serve as an advisor and catalyst for the client’s transformative missions.
The Solution Architect will be the principal architect leading a team of data, systems, and cloud architects to build a hybrid cloud-based enterprise solution that will serve as the operational, reporting and analytics store, and data/service interchange platform for one of our biggest customers. The Architect shall quickly establish credibility and rapport with technical, business and executive level audiences to communicate technical direction, issues, and tradeoffs. Candidate is expected to be focused and an action-oriented self-starter, capable of leading a technical team, working independently, and in a broader team environment. An awareness and knowledge of emerging trends cloud-based solutions covering enterprise network integration, security, and use of DevSecOps and automation practices.
- Assist in building and documenting architecture and roadmaps, and migration plans for applications, data and platforms
- Work with data and application development teams to improve each process and technology per service (e.g. Business Process Automation, Data/Service Interchanges, ETL, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Visualization)
- Review and assess the systems, applications, technical and infrastructure architectures of current and proposed enterprise systems for compliance with the DHS technical standards, best practices, reliability, maintainability, performance, and security implications.
- Evaluate all proposed interfaces between enterprise systems and recommended systems, applications, and technical and infrastructure architectural methods of implementing required interfaces.
Review and recommend IT alternatives that support DHS mission objectives.
- Independently apply a wide set of engineering disciplines for planning, design, analysis, coding, testing, roll-out and support of information systems architectures.
- Interact closely with key project stakeholders to design, plan and implement sustainable solutions.
- Work closely with the technical team to deliver what was designed.
- Problem solving challenges as they arise, and the flexibility to evolve designs as new requirements and discoveries are made.
- Responsible for, or assists in, the designing of integration standards, quality assurance standards, performance standards, and cost-benefit analysis of modem state-of-the art information systems.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience including a broad background in various technology solutions, including:
- Cloud Services
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Web Services / Microservices
- Enterprise Architecture
- Application Programming
- Open Source Solutions
- Demonstrates a deep working knowledge of IT operations, Enterprise Applications, Storage, Business Solutions, infrastructure virtualization, Commercial Cloud, Disaster Recovery, Enterprise Architecture, Networking, Security, System Management, Data, application and systems migration.
- Demonstrates expertise in enterprise solution design, SOA models and approaches to enterprise cloud solutions, and promotion of architecture principles along with conducting research in specific technology areas and being up-to-date with the latest of industry trends on application architectures.
- Expert in the existing cloud computing technology: public, private, and hybrid, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Must successfully complete a stringent background Investigation and obtain the required Government security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence, reporting and visualization platforms, including OBIEE, Tableau, and erWin
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud
- Experience building applications and data platforms in AWS and/or Azure cloud preferred
- Application design, development and support experience
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Comfort with creating and maintaining meaningful and digestible products using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to technical teams (which may include: data and systems architects, systems and application development engineers, security engineers and compliance analysts, and systems administration and operations teams)
- Strong communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Reliability, team spirit, and determination.
- DHS background highly preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS in a technical, qualitative analysis, or mathematics field
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!