At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth—we’re currently seeking an Experience Director to join our team.
Who you are:
- A leader who can direct work, you engage team members and clients with your vision, and appropriately communicate the necessary details.
- A self-starter dedicated to improving your craft, you possess a review-ready portfolio showcasing start-to-finish projects demonstrating UX design and strategy.
- An evangelist of UX practice within projects, you balance research findings and business strategy to generate unique, strategic solutions that satisfy user needs and goals.
- A proactive mentor, you provide feedback to User Experience Architects on project deliverables, ranging from crafting information architecture and wireframes to user research, personas, and user journeys.
- An expert juggler with multiple projects and deadlines you are proficient in a variety of design tools, such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, and/or Invision.
- As a change agent, you consistently leave the project team and process better than you found it.
What you'll do:
- Lead and facilitate UX efforts from concept to completion on major client accounts, including scoping, estimating, staffing, and closing the business.
- Provide UX positioning of strategic goals, business requirements, and processes through interactions with stakeholders.
- Provide senior direction and mentorship to User Experience Architects in their deliverables and project activities, including concepts, flows, information architecture, and interaction solutions that solve user needs.
- Lead and participate in the brainstorming and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
- Implement appropriate methodologies for user and market research.
- Lead in creating innovative, effective, and usable solutions, detailed experience design solutions, and validate your work through various user-testing methods.
- Collaborate with Creative, Strategy, and Development team members to ensure your work is on brand, on strategy, and on the mark.
- Create insight-driven, multichannel design solutions for SMITH clients, working in close collaboration with account teams and client stakeholders to meet business and user needs through meaningful, innovative experience designs.
- Translate abstract concepts into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, wireframes, and rapid prototypes for desktop, tablet, mobile, and everywhere else users engage with client brands.
- Possess a deep understanding in target users. Lead in qualitative and quantitative research to uncover user needs, perceptions, and preferences. Develop user profiles, scenarios, and journeys.
- Be a tireless advocate for the user.
What we look for:
- 7+ years professional digital and e-commerce experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- BS/BA degree in interaction design, psychology, HCI, information architecture, industrial design, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction, problem identification, and creative strategies.
- A creative portfolio showcasing past work experience, innovative concepts, and interactive design solutions.
- A deep understanding of user-centric design principles and the ability to define, develop, and analyze performance measures and metrics for all experiences made possible by current digital technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present and defend your work.
- Solid experience using design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Axure.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
SMITH helps B2B and B2C brands navigate the future of commerce to differentiate and grow. Whether this means creating and implementing anywhere, anytime buying experiences, enabling the sales force, or incorporating the latest in mobile, voice, and AI, SMITH provides end-to-end commerce and content services to deliver successful business outcomes and happy customers. Privately owned with over 20 years of commerce experience, SMITH combines the expertise of Cactus Commerce and Ascentium in servicing clients such as AT&T, Microsoft, and PCNA with custom solutions and platform partners such as Episerver, SAP Hybris, and Sitecore. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Spokane and Ottawa-Gatineau and satellite presence in Dallas, Dayton, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Toronto.
SMITH is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Follow us on Twitter: @humansofsmith