Java Application Server Administrator - WebSphere ~
|Location:||Costco Corporate Office|
|# of openings:||1|
Description of position
This position is responsible for the support, installation, configuration, and monitoring of Java Application and Web servers. These servers run primarily on Red Hat Linux as well as some IBM AIX hosts.
This is not a Developer position.
Tasks and responsibilities
● Provide operational support for WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server (IHS) and other products supported by the
● Deliver project based work to agreed target dates. Notify project manager and engineer of any roadblocks.
● Work with vendors, business and application development teams, and other technical teams to meet the needs of the
● Installation, configuration and monitoring of all application and web servers.
● Participate in rotating on-call support 24x7 and be available to work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
● Work with Engineers to implement and support project’s infrastructure design.
● Monitor load tests, perform deploys, review logs, and various other tasks maintaining the middleware portfolio.
● Seek opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate.
● Follow corporate security standards and best practices, including the promotion of awareness on current threats.
● Understand and adhere to Costco’s project methodology and framework.
● Understand and adhere to Costco’s Mission Statement and Code of Ethics.
Required skills and abilities
● Team player – friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others,
sharing ideas and collaborating and ultimately putting team goals first.
● Minimum of two years experience supporting products running on AIX or Linux servers.
● Minimum of one year shell and/or Jython scripting.
● Minimum of one year supporting production java application server environments, preferably IBM WebSphere but will
accept WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle AppServer, or iPlanet experience.
● Must be proficient with operating system utilities such as vi, top/topas, crontab, nslookup, ifconfig, and ssh to troubleshoot
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Willing to learn third party applications.
● Fundamental networking knowledge
Preferred skills, abilities, and certifications
● Unix administration or certification
● IBM WebSphere Application Server certification
● WebSphere Commerce Server experience
● LDAP/Oracle/DB2/MQ integration
● Experience with monitoring tools
● SSL/SSO experience
● Jython, JACL, and/or PERL scripting
To Apply: Use the link below to upload your current resume and cover letter.
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results