This position’s primary responsibility will be to lead a team to define, design, and develop the global BI strategy for KARL STORZ. The position manages a geographically dispersed team of skilled developers who work independently and collaboratively to meet KARL STORZ needs. The manager takes a lead role in authorizing work, setting priorities, and allocating resources to work on the design, test and implementation of high quality enterprise reporting solutions. This position must ensure a high degree of quality for all KARL STORZ Business Intelligence solutions by blending the technical leadership and the technical skills to: establish the Business Intelligence architecture, create design standards, develop the solutions which meet the standards and create the methodology to maintain the services delivered.
Impact: provide KARL STORZ with comprehensive BI functionality that will empower users to make effective, informed decisions based on solid data and analysis. With well designed reporting solutions enable the business to:
- Advanced Analytics
- Dashboards and KPI’s
- Search and Navigation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Planning and Research (40%)
- Define BI Strategy/Roadmap
- Define and drive the realization of best in class enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and analytic capabilities throughout the enterprise.
- Develop methodologies, templates, tools and services
- Promote the usage of BI dashboards
- Lead a team of BI developers
- Ensure data and reporting integrity
- Review data model and oversee development activities
- Strong programming, debugging and problem solving skills
Development and Change Management (40%)
- Ability to understand business strategy, analyze business processes and develop technical solutions to support the enterprise
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership in order to build quality business solutions on time and within budget
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED:
- Must have very strong demonstrated knowledge of Business Warehouse, Data Concepts, and deploying Business Intelligence solutions
- Minimum of 7 years of lead experience implementing and delivering BI solutions
- Strong experience in advanced ETL design and technologies
- Minimum of 5 years experience of SAP BW Solution, ideally version 7x
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with SAP ERP
- Minimum of 2 years experience of SAP Business Objects technologies
- Minimum of 2 years in implementing BI dashboards
- Experience with KPI reporting
- Strong mentoring skills
- Excellent Communication skills (Written, Verbal, and Presentation) with ability to sell concepts and ideas to a diverse range of internal customers
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- German language skills and international work experience are prefered
- 2 years experience in SAP Budget Planning and Consolation(BPC) and/or OutlookSoft
- 1+ years experience in QlikView
- 1+ years of ABAP development
- SAP BI certification
- Experience with BIA
- Knowledge of HANA for BI
PHYSICAL ABILITY: (Describe the specific physical requirements necessary to accomplish the essential job functions. i.e. ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, lifting requirements, audio and visual requirements etc.)
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: (Typical pattern of education and experience which would provide the knowledge and skills indicative of successful job performance.)
- Four-year college degree, in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent level of experience.
- Effective leadership in a team setting.
- Responsible for dealing with conflict management & effectively resolving issues
- Directly supervises 3-5 BI Analysts in North America and Germany and 1-3 external Consultants
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
INTERFACE: (Internal/External Customers)
This person will work closely with the CIO, Director, and other KARL STORZ Executives, Directors, and Managers. Externally, this person will work closely with vendors and other solution providers. It is each employee’s obligation to consistently treat visitors, external customers and all co-workers with courtesy and respect.