Sixpoint is a Brooklyn, NY-based craft brewery, born out of an 800 square foot garage in Red Hook in 2004 by homebrewer Shane Welch. We are currently looking for a star-performer Marketing and Events Intern based in our Red Hook, Brooklyn HQ.
About the Opportunity:
The Marketing and Events Intern collaborates with both the Marketing Team and the Events Team to implement, promote, and execute the Sixpoint brand and Sixpoint sponsored events through assisting with the blog, social media platforms, evening promotions, Sixpoint activities, and general office tasks.
Recipe for Success:
- Curiosity in the craft beer industry
- Natural communicator, ideally interested in storytelling
- You’re passionate about beer, food, media and culture
- Interest in photography
- High organizational and time management skills
- Pursuing a learning role in a rapidly growing, tight-knit entrepreneurial team.
- Willingness to self-motivate and work on ambiguous tasks when needed
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- High “digital IQ” - familiarity with digital marketing, mobile, social media and web, and the role they play in the branding process
- Strong judgment, professional maturity and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly personable with an ability to make connections with diverse people in diverse settings
- Professional and poised
- Excellent media writing skills
- Pursuing a college degree (or equivalent)
- Must be 21 years of age or older by May 1st of application year
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Marketing / events management majors preferred
- Love for people and beer a must
- Flexible schedule
- Work with marketing team to support Sixpoint Brand communications
- Assist in planning and execution of unique events and activations
- Think strategically & creatively to help grow the brand's presence and reputation
- Support marketing & sales teams for coordination and social media at specialty events
- Help coordinate outreach and partnership with social media influencers and bloggers
- Collect social media mentions and press clippings relevant to our brand
- Develop a press media kit
- Work with field marketing team to promote events, provide events support, and serve as a brand ambassador at events
- Document Sixpoint events through photos, videos, and blog posts.
- Brainstorm and pitch twitter content as well as posts for other social media platforms
- A variety of benefits including: school credit, monthly metro card, daily team lunches, opportunity to sample new and experimental brews, free delicious craft beer, and fun beer fueled events.
Mad Scientists Need Only Apply
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer Is Culture! Lead The Charge.