Sixpoint is a Brooklyn, N.Y.- based craft brewery, born out of 800 square food garage in Red Hook in 2004 by homebrewer Shane Welch. We are currently looking for a star-performer craft beer sales representative to join our Mid-Atlantic Sales Team.
About the Opportunity:
The Mid-Atlantic Sales Representative works as part of the Sales Team to focus on developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts within the territories of Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and DC. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts by harnessing a consultative sales culture and aligning the goals with our wholesaler partners.
Recipe for Success:
- Passion for people and beer
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1 to 3 years of proven results-oriented experience in outside sales, customer service, or within the food & beverage industry
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly personable with an ability to make connections with diverse people in diverse settings
- Highly entrepreneurial and resourceful
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High “digital IQ” - familiarity with digital marketing, mobile, social media and web, and the role they play in the sales process
- Familiarity with CRM and industry sales data systems
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Apps
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to manage budgets with an owner-mindset
- Ability to manage both internal and external teams
- Effective time management, ability to multitask, prioritize and plan different responsibilities and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required
- Cicerone Level I / Level II Certification preferred
- 100% focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores)
- Identifying major accounts that are not being penetrated with Sixpoint products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Improving conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received and business is growing at accounts
- Partnering with accounts to define, plan and execute win-win events
- Conducting waitstaff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- A variety of benefits including: training programs, excellent healthcare, a 401K program with company match, and a compensation package.
- Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, clean driving record and ability to drive to and from accounts and distributors continuously
- Ability to lift and move cases and/or kegs of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer Is Culture! Lead The Charge.