Sixpoint was born out of an 800-square-foot garage in Brooklyn, New York City, in 2004 by award-winning homebrewer-turned professional Shane Welch, who had amassed over 1,000 individual recipes. We are currently seeking a star-performing Logistics Coordinator to join our Operations department.
About the Opportunity:
The Logistics Coordinator works as part of the Operations Team, reports directly to the SOPS Manager, and is responsible for assisting in developing and implementing Sixpoint’s transportation strategy through execution of managing all inbound and outbound freight.
Recipe for Success:
- Passion for people and beer
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- High “digital IQ” – familiarity with online resources, particularly with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Access), NetSuite, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Effective time management, particularly ability to multitask, prioritize and plan around different responsibilities and initiatives
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in terms of process streamlining, automation and cost reductions
- Strong sense of urgency to act quickly in solving logistics issues and updating all relevant parties using independent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with business partners
- Ability to deal successfully with complexities of a rapidly expanding organization
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to plan and manage projects within time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to interface with business partners and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Operations Research, Business Management, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Cicerone Level I / Level II Certification preferred
- Manage global logistics network with a mix of carrier’s and 3PL providers.
- Manage RFP process and selection of new carriers.
- Manage and track carriers & 3PL’s performance.
- Partner with team members to identify, implement and document cost savings and process improvement initiatives.
- Manage each distributor’s monthly beer, POS orders and invoicing.
- On a monthly basis, enter and audit freight invoices to ensure accuracy and to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Manage Sixpoint’s cooperage returns through our 3PL network, processing customer credits and investigating discrepancies.
- Solicit, organize and analyze monthly purchase orders and seasonal pre-orders from distributor network.
- Maintain Sixpoint sales staff communications regarding orders and relationship management.
- Communicate with the Marketing and Sales teams for seasonal beer releases and ensure distributor-readiness.
- Set-up all newly released beers in VIP (distributor sales reporting tool).
- Process, file and manage all claims for damaged or lost goods.
- Pick, pack, ship, stage and load beer & POS orders on an as needed basis.
- Schedule NYC wholesaler Pick/Drops to ensure timely pick-up of beer and adequate stock of cooperage.
- Assists in updating daily inventory reports within our distribution network.
- Establish, create, fulfill and invoice all NYC Wholesaler Pick/Drops
- Maintain healthy inventory of onsite beer for consumption, samples and donations.
- Assist in management of raw materials ordering for small batch production.
A variety of benefits including: training programs, excellent healthcare, a 401k program with company match, and a competitive compensation package.
- Ability to commute to/from office in Red Hook, Brooklyn during regular office hours (M-F 9-6)
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel to partner facilities nationwide occasionally/as needed
Mad Scientists Only Need Apply:
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer is culture! Lead the Charge.