VP of Sales – Brooklyn, NY
Sixpoint Brewery was founded in 2004 with the single purpose of creating outstanding formulations with indelible flavor communicated through the medium of the world’s most exciting beverage – Beer. Over the past ten years Sixpoint has grown tremendously from its humble beginnings with an 800 square foot production garage in Brooklyn NY, to managing an international distributor network that spans five countries. In short, the guidance, passion, and devotion brought to Sixpoint from inspired people have and will continue to develop the brewery into a leading global brand.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking to add a seasoned sales veteran to our team with a passion for craft beer and the ability to execute on sales goals. A major portion of this role is leading the sales department, which will require people development, excellent planning skills and strategic and tactical field execution to continue Sixpoint on the path towards success. You will lead in the identification of new market opportunities, scoping out potential territories, and distributors, and look for all strategic paths to growth for the company.
The VP of Sales will also serve as a member of the Leadership Team, working to set Sixpoint’s annual strategy, budget and to drive communication across all levels of the organization. Roughly 50% of the time will be spent in the home market of NYC while the other 50% of the time must be prioritized amongst our national markets. Your genuine personality, knack for negotiation and excellent presentation skills will play a huge role in your success as you solidify relationships, grow the business and groom the team. Are you the right individual who can foster relationships across all three tires, drive to constantly procure and close new opportunities and can develop the next Sixpoint leaders?
- Conceive of and execute big-picture short- and long-term plans for portfolio architecture, territory expansion/contraction, marketing support, budgets, sales forecasts by SKU and distributor and annual sales goals and objectives.
- Analyze all available data in order to make identify key trends, areas of concern, and areas of opportunity.
- Evaluate the current distribution footprint and create a market selection strategy by analyzing current data and resources, interviewing potential distributors, making recommendations to CEO, and building/executing roll out plans with distributors that accomplish set objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with chains and key accounts nationally; make direct sales calls as necessary.
- Provide frequent, concise business reviews to brewery management/owners.
- Plan and lead monthly wholesaler meetings, ABPs and internal sales meetings.
- Train and work with Sales Representatives in order to fully develop sales skills.
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Directly manage a Sales Team of Managers and Sales Representatives to include setting and measuring, volume objectives, and optimizing execution while striking a good balance between offering support and instilling a sense of accountability.
- Analyze current staffing structure and compose an optimal org chart reflecting roles and needs.
- Create and/or execute a Sales Training system that is supported by classroom instruction and in-the-field, one-on-one work withs to ensure skills are developed.
- Coach the sales team on how to manage wholesalers.
- Develop annual Market Plans and programming calendars with distributors to ensure company goals are being met. Includes brand planning, marketing support, program calendar, pricing plans, and specific objectives.
- Create and ensure field execution of Brand Standards including brand priorities, category management guidelines, messaging standards, display standards, and quality standards.
- Manage wholesalers and assess market opportunities directly via field surveys and periodic planning & review meetings to ensure the business is tracking towards hitting goals. Optimize and fix as needed to hit goals.
- Interact and build strong relationships with distributors at all levelsfrom field salespeople to ownership.
Recipe for Success:
- Passion for people and beer
- Distributor and supplier experience (or relevant CPG experience with an understanding of the 3-tier system) is heavily recommended.
- 5 -10 years of sales management experience
- Record of demonstrated leadership successes
- Strong business acumen and analytical prowess to develop metrics, and reporting to move the sales needle
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and unimpeachable integrity
- Presentation and communication skills must be at the super star level!
- Strong sales, and sales training skills with an entrepreneurial mindset to identify and create growth opportunities
- MBA preferred
- Certified Cicerone preferred
A variety of benefits including: training programs, excellent healthcare, a 401k program with company match, and a competitive compensation package.
- The ideal candidate will be based in NYC
- Driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, with clean driving record
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs
- Frequent ability to travel domestically and internationally is a must
Mad Scientists Only Need Apply:
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer is culture! Lead the Charge.