Sixpoint is a Brooklyn, NY-based craft brewery, born out of an 800 square foot garage in Red Hook in 2004 by homebrewer Shane Welch. We are currently seeking a dedicated and detailed oriented intern for our finance department.
About the Opportunity:
The Finance Intern will receive a unique learning opportunity in the areas of general accounting (Accounts Payable & Receivable), cost accounting, the supplier/wholesaler relationship, business analysis and general administrative duties. This position will enable you to experience the day-to -day tasks of financial end of month closes that revolve around a unique business model, which aims to deliver the best offerings in craft beer.
Recipe for Success:
- Love for people and beer
- Computer-literate, with working knowledge of MS office, Excel & google apps. Preferences will be given to candidates with Netsuite software experience.
- Genuine interest in accounting and finance.
- Trustworthy & reliable, with full-time availability during weekday hours (10am – 6pm) to commute to/from office in Red Hook, Brooklyn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a team player mentality
- Passion for craft beer and an interest in learning our industry
- Familiarize yourself with various direct and indirect brewing costs by assisting the Finance team with Accounts Payable
- Enter various vendor bills
- File and prepare financial back-ups for weekly disbursements
- Sharpen your understanding of the three tier system and the supplier/wholesaler synergy by assisting our Finance team with Accounts Receivable
- Learn and assist with cash applications and collection practices
- Assist with investigation and issuance of various credit claims
- Collaborate on general accounting practices such as reconciliations (bank, inventory and fixed assets), chart of accounts, and inventory / cost accounting with a focus on Cost of Goods Sold and Work-In- Process reports
- Assist in areas of federal and TTB compliance including varied state laws and regulations
- Complete general office assignments and special projects as needed
- Pursuing a college degree (or equivalent)
- Must be 21 years of age or older by May 1st of application year
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Accounting, finance or economics majors preferred
- A variety of benefits including: school credit, monthly metro card, daily team lunches, opportunity to sample new and experimental brews, free delicious craft beer, and fun beer fueled events.
Mad Scientists Only Need Apply:
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer is culture! Lead the Charge.