Business Development Specialist
|Location:||IL - Chicago|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
We are seeking a Business Development Specialist to provide direct support in the execution of a wide variety of marketing and business development initiatives that further client relationships, grow business, and increase market share. Reporting to the Business Development Director, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Developing a deep knowledge of the firm’s attorneys, clients, experience, and capabilities and translating this knowledge into compelling value propositions;
· Providing hands-on support in managing business development initiatives and supporting Practice Group strategies;
· Preparing pitches and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and tracking outcomes;
· Developing and maintaining marketing materials, including practice group descriptions, PowerPoint presentations, practice-specific case/transaction lists, and intranet/website/blog content and other collateral as needed;
· Along with department analyst, coordinating competitive intelligence research on prospective targets, industries, markets, competition, and conflicts via firm-wide resources, online databases, and library searches;
· Assisting with maintaining database of opportunities and monitoring results;
· Recommending specific client communications and programs, including client alerts, seminars, receptions, and webinars;
· Assisting with sponsorships as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in business development and marketing required. Law firm experience preferred. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills, as well as possess the ability to deal with complex material and concepts and manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
Additional qualifications include strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with CRMs and email marketing software a plus. This is an exempt position and will require some work during evenings and weekends.
Schiff Hardin is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We maintain a policy of considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, citizenship status, order of protection status, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, source of income, military or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The above descriptions are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Applying as a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results