The Construction Manager/Inspector plans, schedules, coordinates and/or supervises field construction activities on assigned road construction projects. Must maintain positive working relationships with project engineers, contractors, subconsultants and CDOT or FHWA staff. Must adhere to quality assurance and safety standards and ensure that schedules and budgets are met. Required to maintain accurate progress reports in accordance with project requirements. Will provide inspection of construction activity in order to ensure the quality of construction and compliance with project plans, contracts, specifications, and special provisions.
- Serve as a construction project manager for transportation projects by managing and overseeing construction of roads, highways and bridges, and review work to assure quality construction outcomes.
- Review, inspect, test and/or measure the work of the contractors and consultants to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the contract.
- Document and authorize payments for completed work.
- Maintain accurate daily record of construction site activity and produce required reports on progress, safety, quality, schedule and budget status.
- Make and advise on construction project-related decisions based on technical and budgetary considerations and access constraints.
- Track expenditures for construction projects and confer with the Senior Transportation Manager when necessary.
- Analyze and/or perform scheduling utilizing standard scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Assess the need for and prepare documentation to demonstrate that all applicable federal and state procedures, policies, and regulations for design criteria required for federal aid and/or state funded projects have been followed, including coordination and preparation of supporting documentation for design decisions and variances for special circumstances.
- Initiate communication of project-related details to the client whenever necessary.
- Calculate and estimate all quantities and costs of materials that will be required for each phase of the project.
- Adhere to the requirements of the internal Quality Management System (QMS).
- Must meet internal requirements for operation of company vehicles throughout duration of employment and must maintain a valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Maintain assigned equipment and vehicles according to company procedures.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications for position.
- Other construction inspection assignments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 10-15 years broad experience in construction management of transportation projects required.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and maintain attention to accuracy and detail.
- Must possess the ability to manage a staff of professionals and direct their efficient utilization on projects.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record required.
- Must be willing and able to travel to job sites, sometimes for extended periods. Job sites may be located throughout Colorado or in western U.S.
- Must agree to participate in drug and alcohol screening program.
- Previous project management and/or inspection experience on DOT or FHWA road construction strongly preferred.
- Current Professional Engineer license desirable but not required.
- Constant focus on quality assurance, safety, and customer service in all work projects.
- Construction materials testing experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of general design principles, safety and labor laws and requirements, quality control and quality assurance principles.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and maintain attention to accuracy and detail.
- Perform work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work extended hours, nights, and weekends if necessary to comply with client requirements and/or to meet project deadlines.
- Drive company trucks to designated worksites.
- Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions during field work.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided).
- Work on road construction sites and in field offices.
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
RockSol Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or genetic information in accordance with applicable laws.
RockSol offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Applications are currently being accepted in anticipation of future needs.