The Civil Engineer II - Project Manager will coordinate multiple consulting projects in the transportation industry. This position requires an individual with a collaborative approach to project management, proven project delivery expertise, and a willingness to learn and implement effective business development processes and techniques to support growth and lead projects in the transportation industry. The successful candidate will be required to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as to develop and lead project pursuits. This position will be based in our Thornton, CO office and will serve local and state clients in Colorado.
- Direct day-to-day project scoping and set-up, execution, close-out and all aspects of project delivery.
- Manage project budgets and schedules for successful completion.
- Control financial performance of projects, assist project staff in identification of potential problems, and implement timely corrective actions to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Must be familiar with contract administration and be able to deliver projects within contract scope and requirements.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Company Quality Management System (QMS) and provide guidance to staff on QMS activities.
- Work collaboratively with project and design teams to develop, prepare, and review project deliverables in order to accomplish project objectives and meet client expectations.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate design review meetings and the development of accurate, complete plans, specifications and reports in accordance with engineering best practices. Proficiency in Autocad Civil3D and Microstation software required.
- Maintain regular, open, positive communication with clients, management, and stakeholders on key issues and project progress.
- Ability to travel to project meeting and job sites is required.
- Assist senior management with staff workload planning activities.
- May mentor less experienced engineers
- Must adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices and completing required safety training.
- Must maintain required qualifications to operate company vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or a related discipline
- Colorado Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- Minimum of 10-15 years of continuous and progressive experience in project production and delivery
- Advanced level proficiency or higher in use of AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as proficiency in Microstation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong skills in Excel
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects, meeting established timelines
- Pre-employment and ongoing random alcohol and drug testing are required.
- M.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Strong public speaking and personal interaction skills
- Local candidates preferred
- Ability to develop a business network in the local marketplace
- Working at computer work station for extended periods.
- Ability to drive company vehicle to construction sites as needed.
- Position may include frequent travel to job sites and meetings.
- Office environment with computer work station.Moderate noise level.
- Overtime may be required periodically.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity