Construction Materials Testing Technicians work on challenging geotechnical, transportation construction, bridge and roadway projects at various locations. Technicians perform standard soil, asphalt and concrete testing in the field labs and in our materials testing laboratories.
- Perform testing at RockSol or client’s facility, or in the field
- Perform soil, concrete and asphalt laboratory testing using approved methods at project sites or in internal lab
- Perform asphalt voids testing in a voids lab
- Gather, test and log samples of material, ensuring quality in all phases of testing
- Perform field testing at project sites under construction
- Interact professionally and positively with client representatives, business partners and co-workers
- Adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices and completing required safety training
- Maintain accurate, detailed, legible records (written and electronic) of required testing results
- Maintain current certifications as required for position
- Must maintain required qualifications to drive company vehicles
- Maintain assigned equipment and vehicles according to company procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or higher desired.
- Minimum of two years of related experience with demonstrated competence in work assignments
- Previous experience in soils, asphalt and concrete related lab and field testing on road construction projects
- Current materials testing certifications, including CAPA A and B (asphalt), ACI Field Testing (concrete), and WAQTC Embankment and Base In Place Density (soils) certifications
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record required.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel to project work sites for extended periods as needed.
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours as needed.
- Basic computer skills and functionality in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic math skills
- Pre-employment and random drug testing requirements
- College coursework in construction management, civil engineering or a related field a plus
- Current certifications in the following areas: nuclear gauge safety, traffic safety, erosion control
- Familiarity with AASHTO and ASTM testing methods
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Perform work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work extended hours, nights, and weekends if necessary to comply with testing requirements and/or to meet project deadlines.
- Frequent use and transportation of nuclear gauge. Participation in monitoring program required.
- Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions during field work
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided)
- Some work in lab environment
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
RockSol is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or genetic information in accordance with applicable laws.
RockSol Consulting Group, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits.