Entry-level developmental position involving the application of engineering fundamentals to the design and construction of roadway and transportation projects. The position will provide exposure to different engineering disciplines and provide a solid foundation in transportation consulting and roadway construction.
- Conduct design tasks as part of a project team. Meet regularly with Project Managers and/or Senior Engineers.
- Develop design drawings using computer-aided design tools.
- Assist others in performing research or quantity calculations, and analyzing information and data for routine engineering tasks
- Participate in the preparation of engineering reports containing analysis, evaluations and engineering recommendations.
- Perform various engineering assignments of limited scope which require the application of standard techniques and procedures. Activities will include site work as well as office functions.
- Receive instructions from Project Managers and/or Senior Engineers.
- Participate in a variety of activities, such as construction inspection, materials testing, field data collection, and CADD production.
- Fieldwork and travel to project sites required.
- Ability to obtain required certifications for position.
- Must maintain required qualifications to drive company vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from accredited engineering program
- Willingness to take direction and receive constructive feedback from senior staff
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work independently to perform assigned tasks, as well as to contribute positively to a project team.
- Positive can-do attitude and ability to interact well with a variety of people.
- Strong technical writing skills, including strong use of English grammar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in using engineering software systems or demonstrated technical ability and willingness to learn engineering software.
- Ability to travel to project work sites for extended periods as needed
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours as needed
- Local candidates will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record required.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing requirement.
- Local candidates will be considered.
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with Microstation or InRoads software desirable.
- Related civil engineering or industry internship or work experience
- Physical ability to participate in field activities and site visits.
- Ability to sit and work at computer work station for extended periods.
- Willingness to work extended hours, nights and weekends, if necessary, to meet client requirements and/or project deadlines.
- Must be able to drive to various work sites.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Combination of field and office work environments.
- Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions on field assignments.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided).
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
RockSol Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or genetic information in accordance with applicable laws.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Applications are currently being accepted in anticipation of future needs.