Construction Materials Testing Technician Trainees will develop the skills, certifications and experience needed to successfully perform all the duties of Construction Materials Testing Technicians. Technicians perform standard soil, asphalt and concrete testing in the field and in our materials testing laboratory. Materials testing for geotechnical, transportation construction and roadway projects will be performed at various locations throughout Colorado.
- Perform soil, concrete and asphalt laboratory testing using the approved methods, under supervision.
- Perform field testing under supervision at project construction sites
- Interact professionally and positively with client representatives, business partners, and co-workers at project sites or in the lab
- Adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices
- Ability to learn and perform required functions of Construction Materials Testing Technicians
- Ability to obtain and maintain current certifications as required for position
- Maintain required qualifications for operation of company vehicles, including valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Move/lift/transport material samples from collection site to testing site.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, legible records (written and electronic) of required testing results
- Performing other related assignments as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment and vehicles according to company procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or higher desired.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to travel and work throughout Colorado
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and functionality in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic math skills
- Must meet pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel to project work sites for extended periods as needed
- College coursework in construction management, civil engineering or a related field a plus
- Previous experience in materials testing
- Familiarity with soils, asphalt and concrete field and/or laboratory materials testing procedures
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and willingness to perform all technician responsibilities
- Current or previous certifications in CAPA A and B, ACI Field Testing, and/or WAQTC Embankment and Base In Place Density
- Familiarity with AASHTO and ASTM testing methods
- Perform work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to work extended hours, nights, and weekends, if necessary, to comply with testing requirements and/or to meet project deadlines.
- Frequent use and transportation of nuclear gauge. Participation in monitoring program required.
- Drive company trucks to designated work sites
- Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions during field work
- Work located at road construction sites and field offices.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided)
- Some work in lab environment
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
Rocksol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to participate in drug and alcohol screening prior to and throughout the duration of their employment.
RockSol Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or genetic information in accordance with applicable laws.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Applications are currently being accepted in anticipation of future needs.