The Search Specialist will assist with all SEM and SEO efforts for Mindstream, as part of standalone projects such as campaigns, or in integrated projects such as recommendations for digital content creation and experience development. The role is part of a team of specialists who interact with a multi-functional team to ensure Mindstream delivers on the best possible customer experience for its clients and their customers. This role is highly analytical and detail-oriented. This person must be comfortable meeting and presenting with and to clients. The Search Specialist will be considered a lead production worker for multiple client projects at once, and must be a go-to expert for all search activities, projects and initiatives.
The SEO Specialist will work primarily with Strategists, UX Architects, and Social Content creators (especially copywriters), but will also be asked to regularly collaborate with an extended team of Social Media and Analytics Specialists, Account Service Managers and Web Developers in order to fulfill his or her duties.
- Contribute search keyword findings to integrated strategic recommendations across clients’ digital ecosystems
- Conduct content audits and content gap analyses as part of informing strategic recommendations for clients
- Create short- and long-term SEO recommendations for clients that incorporate keyword findings, content recommendations, site structure updates as needed, along with recommended investment levels and calculate ROI
- Develop and report out on search performance (paid and organic) on an ongoing basis
- Ensure alignment between paid search and natural search strategies
- Monitor search tools to identify site issues and collaborate with technology to resolve defects
- Partner with analytics team to monitor, track and report on search KPI’s, overall performance and trends
- Partner with social team to ensure hashtag considerations and social mentions are properly contributing to organic search rankings
- Audit client’s sites to ensure that they consistently adhere to SEO best practices
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to apply a customer-first lens to marketing and merchandising strategies and product content
- Advise working teams on which content types to explore to maximize clients’ search rankings
- Provide training to others in the organization on issues important to SEO
- Constantly monitor and communicate changes in industry trends and search engine algorithms to the organization, including up-to-date search marketing considerations related ADA compliance as required
- Collaborate with Practice Leads to define and roll out ongoing updates to the overall search marketing offering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, MIS, Journalism, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in SEO and SEM
- Expert in SEO best practices
- Proficient knowledge of eCommerce best practices
- Understanding of Google Analytics and similar analytics platforms
- Proficient knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including capability to balance competing priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail.
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with moderate-to-minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Ability to drive teams to solutions on production/project issues, including internal customers and external vendors
- Agency experience a plus
- Ability to utilize metrics/analytics to identify operational opportunities
- Proven track record of successfully presenting search data and recommendations to clients in an approachable, expert way