At Mindstream, our Senior Strategists thrive at the intersection of business goals and customer needs.
Reporting to the Associate VP, Strategy, Senior Strategists act as the agency’s strategic leads for a portfolio of clients. In this capacity, the Senior Strategist is expected to unlock meaningful insights to drive client planning, ongoing project assignments and new business efforts, resulting in products and campaign plans that add value to the customer experience while accomplishing business goals.
The Senior Strategist studies and impacts the overall customer journey, actively collaborating with counterparts from a multi-disciplinary team that spans Creative, Social, User Experience and Technology, to shape short-term plans and long-term roadmaps that are forward-thinking and focused on solving big problems with big ideas.
The Senior Strategist would be considered a lead producer for multiple clients at the same time, and can expect to have the opportunity to contribute to the agency’s thought leadership platforms, as well as the ongoing evolution of the Strategy practice.
A Senior Strategist will ideally have experience across multiple skillsets, including research and insight development, brand planning and digital strategy with a working knowledge of social and/or digital media strategy, and storytelling through analytics.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Drive the agency’s Immerse phase, which merges brand objectives with right-fit research approaches to uncover insights that fuel the agency’s strategic, creative and technology recommendations.
- Lead Customer Experience mapping, spanning all customer touchpoints, including beyond digital.
- Lead the creation of customer personas, with input and assistance from UX and Social Strategists, and creative team
- Document business requirements and business strategy for our clients, grounded in data from primary and secondary sources and including original frameworks and revenue modeling
- Develop and present holistic strategic plans and deliverables for clients, including insight development, persona creation, and long-term roadmap development for digital ecosystem investment.
- Contribute to the agency’s thought leadership agenda with both internal education presentations and external blog posts and conference presentations.
- Provide strategic input to and feedback on UX Planning, analytics, social and creative deliverables.
- Plan, execute, and report on primary and secondary customer research, and inform user testing methodologies together with UX Strategists.
- Write and present Experience Briefs, the key document that serves to move a project from strategic planning into definition phase
The qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field.
- 4 - 6+ Years of Experience (3+ Strategy Specific & 3+ Industry Specific) in strategy, account planning, research and insights or related field(s) – agency experience across multiple verticals preferred.
- Proven ability to translate inputs from multiple sources and teams into broader-reaching insights and forward-leaning roadmaps and plans.
- Proven ability to articulate the Customer Journey, identifying key roadblocks, moments of truth and communication opportunities along the way.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and align business objectives across organizations with multiple interested stakeholders, often with competing agendas.
- Expert research capabilities and analytical skills, including the ability to draw insights from patterns seen in data.
- Proven ability to draw connections and drive insights across business models, customer mindsets and frames of reference.
- Excellent verbal communication and proficient public presentation skills with an openness to coaching.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to create original presentations.
- Expert knowledge of marketing strategy, including digital experience and media planning.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including expert Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Working familiarity with the output of leading web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture).
- Working familiarity with social Insights (Facebook, Instagram, Crimson Hexagon, Radian6, TrackMaven, Nuvi, Simply Measured, etc.).
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaborate with and/or oversee members of a team.
- Proven commitment to uncovering industry trends and developments.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects at once, set priorities and communicate them effectively.