We’re looking for a proven leader to strategically grow our client portfolio by leveraging Mindstream’s relevant experience to selectively prospect and pitch new business in the active lifestyle, travel and retail categories. The home base for this position is in Columbus, Ohio, but we're open to a remote working arrangement.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and excel at positioning Mindstream as the go-to digital agency with a proven track record of generating leads and securing meetings with potential new clients in an agency environment.
The above will be measured by securing meetings and conversion effectiveness, ultimately playing a leading role in securing revenue growth of at least 10% Year over Year.
To help ensure the effectiveness of this role, the following resources will be provided:
- Operations Team: Time, input, full agency endorsement of the position and process.
- Pitch Managers: A combination of account services, project managers, marketing and studio executives to organize competitive reviews/RFPs, proposals, etc. and to secure the necessary design/strategy/technology talent throughout process.
- Marketing: Thought leadership materials to equip in the selling process.
- Tools: Pipedrive (CRM), WINMO (business intelligence), eMarketer and a suite of research tools (insights), Mirren (training)
- Budget: Travel and entertainment
- Contribute to the refinement of our new business positioning/unique selling proposition with a focus on our target categories and the prospects within.
- Develop a plan to systematically target, attack and convert high quality prospects with the following goals in mind:
- Prospecting plan developed (i.e., steps, timing, etc.)
- Target list developed
- Prospecting content developed (i.e., research-based insights)
- New qualified meetings per quarter: 8
- Meetings that convert into new projects within 90 days: 20-40%
- Networks with potential clients at trade and industry events.
- Develops relationships with agency search consultants and other third party partners with the potential to generate leads for the agency.
- Develops and maintains prospect database and list
- Tracks win/loss percentages, average days in sales cycle and average revenue secured.
- Manages/keeps regular contact and builds relationships with companies on the prospect list.
- Understands the business and marketing challenges of key prospects.
- Researches all prospects and develops an intelligent new business brief before mobilizing the pitch managers.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Prepares new business activity reports for senior management.
- Demonstrates senior level business acumen.
- Highly motivated and has a proven track record of generating new leads and securing meetings with potential clients for an agency.
- Focused on results.
- Five or more years of experience in developing new business accounts required.
- Digital agency experience is a must.
- Should have the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research, reports, white papers, and cross-tabulated survey data.
- Should also be able to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present results to senior management, clients and other employees of the organization is imperative.