At Mindstream, we expect our Senior CX Planners to passionately bring our clients’ customers to life every day.
In this role, the Senior CX Planner will study and document the overall customer journey for Mindstream’s clients, starting with research and culminating in holistic strategic plans that span short-term campaign planning and extend into long-term roadmap development, much of which is grounded in or executed through digital channels. This role requires the ability to actively integrate Research & Insights, Brand Strategy, Content Strategy, UX Strategy, Social and Paid Media Reporting & Planning, and Business Analytics—and that’s just on the Strategy side. Additionally the Senior CX Planner will be tasked with inspiring and aligning with Creative, Development and Account Service teams to deliver success for the agency’s clients.
Senior CX Planners act as the agency’s strategic leads, reporting to the Vice President, Strategy, and supporting multiple clients. In this capacity the Senior CX Planner is expected to lead client planning, new business efforts and ongoing project assignments.
This is a newly-created role, and the Senior CX Planner would be considered a lead producer for multiple clients at the same time. The very nature of this role requires deep collaboration with multiple teams within and alongside the agency.
A Senior CX Planner will ideally have experience across multiple skillsets, including research and insights, brand planning, digital strategy, social and/or digital media strategy, and storytelling through analytics.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Define the strategic approach for projects, including planning, execution and documentation of business requirements, competitive audits, stakeholder interviews, and research planning and execution
- Develop and present holistic strategic plans and deliverables for clients, including insight development, persona creation, and long-term roadmap development for digital ecosystem investment
- Lead Customer Experience mapping, including all customer touchpoints (beyond digital)
- Document business requirements and business strategy for our clients, grounded in data from primary and secondary sources and including original frameworks and revenue modeling
- Lead the creation of customer personas, with input and assistance from UX and Social Strategists, and creative team
- Contribute to the agency’s thought leadership agenda with both internal education presentations and external blog posts and conference presentations
- Provide strategic input to and feedback on information architecture and analytics deliverables
- Plan, execute, and report on primary and secondary customer research, and inform user testing methodologies together with UX Strategists
- Integrate website and digital media data with search and social media listening data, inclusive of paid, owned and earned content and conversations, to inform meaningful business analytics reports for clients
- Write and present Experience Briefs, the key document that serves to move a project from strategic planning into definition phase
The qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field
- 4 - 6+ Years of Experience (3+ Strategy Specific & 3+ Industry Specific) in strategy, account planning, research and insights, social media or related field(s)
- Expert research capabilities and analytical skills, including the ability to draw insights from patterns seen in data
- Proven ability to integrate inputs from multiple sources and teams into forward-looking roadmaps and plans
- Excellent verbal communication and proficient public presentation skills with an openness to coaching
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to create original presentations
- Expert knowledge of marketing strategy, including digital experience and media planning
- Working familiarity with the output of leading web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Working familiarity with social Insights (Facebook, Instagram, Crimson Hexagon, Radian6, TrackMaven, Nuvi, Simply Measured, etc…)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaborate with and/or oversee members of a team
- Proven commitment to uncovering industry trends and developments
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects at once, set priorities and communicate them effectively