At Mindstream, our Senior Strategists have an unrelenting passion for incredible user experiences.
Equal parts information architect (IA), business analyst (BA), metrics analyst and storyteller, strategists are our resident UX champions, and play a key role in planning, measuring and connecting user experiences that span multiple digital touchpoints.
These passionate UX experts are deeply tapped into digital interaction and marketing trends, UX best practices, new and proven user research methodologies, and forward-leaning ways of unlocking website and campaign data, all with an eye toward achieving meaningful business goals and supporting the real people who engage with brands at each point in a client’s ecosystem.
Senior Strategists are expert jugglers. They are the lead producers for projects across different stages of the web development process for multiple clients at any given time. They are simultaneously expected to provide subject matter expertise to support new business opportunities, manage client relationships, and uncover ways to extend business with existing clients based on insights cultivated from analytics, research and market opportunities.
Oftentimes this will include working with extreme independence, drawing on personal experience and research, balanced with periods of acting as the “quarterback” for multi-disciplinary teams who are working together toward a goal.
A Senior Strategist will regularly collaborate with an extended team of Designers, Copywriters, Project Managers, Account Executives and Web Developers in order to fulfill his or her duties.
This role draws from multiple backgrounds, including digital strategy, information architecture, user experience and analytics-driven disciplines.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Independent development of, and collaboration on, information architecture/UX planning deliverables including: user flows, site maps and wireframes
- Documentation of business and user requirements, functional specifications and process workflows
- Identification and organization of analytics/reporting requirements from multiple sources including core and extended team
- Creation and presentation of weekly and monthly website and campaign performance reports and analysis
- Participation in the development and presentation of holistic digital strategic plans and deliverables flir clients, including insight development, persona creation, and long-term roadmap development
- Planning, execution, and reporting of primary user research and testing (tree testing, usability, cardsort, etc.), as well as secondary research
- Participation in the construction of user personas and profiles, based on above sources and additional data points as available
- Coordination of campaign tags and tracking parameter implementations
- The qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field
- 4 - 6+ Years of Experience (2+ Strategy Specific & 2+ Industry Specific) in strategy, user experience, information architecture, or analytics
- Proficient knowledge of web development process
- Expert knowledge of user experience best practices
- Strong-to-Expert knowledge of information architecture and prototyping tools Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, etc. (Or equivalent programs)
- Proficient knowledge of leading web analytics packages (Google Analytics, Omniture) – Google Tag Manager proficiency a plus
- Excellent research capabilities and analytical skills, including the ability to draw insights from patterns seen in data
- Familiarity with web-based research tools (HotJar, Optimal Workshop suite, UserTesting.com, UserZoom, etc.) a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven commitment to uncovering industry trends and developments
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects at once, as well as work across a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team