Architecture49 is a growing firm with promising career opportunities for talented people. Our offices, situated from coast to coast across Canada, house a diverse and accomplished group of architects, interior designers, technologists, landscape architects, and support staff, and we are always looking for new people to enrich our team.
At A49, we foster friendly, open working environments where employees can thrive on congenial collaboration. We seek meaningful projects where we can build on our focused expertise and impact the communities in which we work. We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We recognize the quality, motivation, and commitment of our employees and celebrate their achievements.
Architecture49Inc. is currently seeking an Intermediate Architect or Technologist to work out of our Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Produce drawings and documents as directed by team leaders
- Measure existing buildings/spaces and document in drawings;
- Assist in design planning and detailing by preparing, layouts, and preliminary work in connection with architectural projects;
- Validate that designs and deliverables conform to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations.
- Assist with contract administration.
- Attend design team meetings.
- Coordinate work with Architects, Consultants, and Contractors.
- Perform all other related tasks that will help accomplish the project.
- A degree or diploma in architecture or building technology from an accredited institution
- 5- 10 years of practical experience in an architect’s office
- Comfortable with current versions of AutoCAD and BIM/Revit
- Advanced Revit skills are desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, and take direction well
- Ability to be self-motivated / take initiative and to think independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with time constraints
- Positive attitude/disposition-sense of humor highly appreciated
- Experience with Photoshop, SketchUp, Grasshopper, and Rhino considered an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
A49 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A49 is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.