Intermediate Interior Designer
Architecture49 is a growing firm with promising career opportunities for talented people. Our offices, situated from coast to coast across Canada, house a diverse and accomplished group of architects, interior designers, technologists, landscape architects, and support staff, and we are always looking for new people to enrich our team.
At A49, we foster friendly, open working environments where employees can thrive on congenial collaboration. We seek meaningful projects where we can build on our focused expertise and impact the communities in which we work. We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We recognize the quality, motivation, and commitment of our employees and celebrate their achievements.
Architecture49Inc. is currently seeking an Interior Designer to work out of our Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Generate exciting, forward thinking, project appropriate interiors which respect budget, schedule, and client aspiration.
- Develop renderings of conceptual designs to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Provide overview and leadership in varied aspects of interior design: programming, schematic design, working drawings, and contract administration.
- Research and source manufacturers for furniture systems, fixtures, materials and be able to direct staff to source/research, as appropriate.
- Select and specify finishes and fixtures
- Lead project meetings and client presentations
- Prepare interior design proposals
- Prepare preliminary costing and comparative material sourcing
- Design using the latest research in workplace strategies, sport, entertainment, and associated interiors.
- Prepare contract documents, including floor plans, finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, power and communication plans, interior elevations, millwork sections and details, schedules, specifications, general notes and information, in compliance with the Building Code
- Direct staff and assist as necessary with contract administration during construction
- Review accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility of interiors drawing packages
- 5-10 years of experience in interior design related position
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program
- Proficiency with Revit; Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch Up is considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience with Interior Design drawing package coordination and production
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing accurate, complete, and legible drawings
- Familiarity with local Building Codes
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings.
- Strong design and leadership skills and a professional work ethic
- Excellent organizational and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has obtained or is working towards NCIDQ registration