Senior Hyperion Planning Consultant
- The Senior Hyperion Planning Consultant can be both an individual contributor and/or project manager role on Oracle/Hyperion Planning and/or Essbase application implementations. This person provides both application and functional expertise on Hyperion Planning and/or Hyperion Essbase and the financial planning process. This person is an expert in all areas of the implementation and contributes to the design phase of the project while working with the Lead Consultant.
- Provides senior expertise or leads the Hyperion Planning implementation effort at client companies
- Coordinates activities to support clients through full life cycle Hyperion Planning implementations including contributing to design effort through development, training, documentation and go live.
- Advising on technical designs and development best practices as the lead for the application and reporting components of the project.
- Develop or manage resources to develop the test plan and coordinate resources required to complete end-to-end testing.
- Develop or manage resources to define the training plan and coordinating resources to deliver application and process training.
- Employ financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and management reporting knowledge and past experiences to architect and develop optimal planning solutions incorporating leading practices in areas that include: business and finance strategy, target setting, profit & loss, balance sheet, and cash flow forecasting, key performance metrics, driver-based planning, and rolling forecast
- Recommend ways to enhance financial analytic reporting for the end user
- Configure Planning/Essbase application components, including optimal dimension configuration, business rule / calc script customization, web forms / task list definition, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio reports, Smart View templates, and HFM rules customization in line with business, functional and performance requirements
- Assist with data conversion and interfacing activities, including user support to load and reconcile data
- Prepare key deliverables such as requirement documents, design documents, development inventory, test documentation, training materials and administration/procedural guides
- Supervise, train, and coach junior team members
- Provide Project Management on small to medium size Hyperion Planning projects
- Provide pre-sales support including product demonstrations, requirements gathering and project scoping to sales team and prospective clients
- Delivery of assigned projects/subprojects on time and on budget
- Bachelor degree
- At least four years application experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in financial modeling and analytic reporting utilizing multi-dimensionality
- Minimum 4 years experience designing and/or developing Hyperion Planning and/or Essbase and/or FDM and/or HFM and/or DRM applications
- Minimum 4 years experience designing and/or development financial reports, including statutory and/or management financial reports; experience with Hyperion reporting tools (Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Smart View)
- Minimum 3 years of functional Enterprise Performance Management experience, including but not limited to requirements definition, financial modeling, dimensional profitability, process design, testing, and training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel without restrictions
- Ability to productively work from home office
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Masters degree
- Demonstrated ability to support teams in both functional and technical capacities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to clients in writing and verbally
- Proven ability delivering complex and time sensitive projects
- Project delivery experience employing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) or Consulting Delivery Methodology (CDM) models
- Implementation experience with multiple Oracle Hyperion EPM (version 11) technology solutions (Hyperion Financial Management, Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning)
- Implementation experience with Hyperion Workforce Planning and Capital Asset Modules
- Development experience and knowledge of HP Business Rules and Essbase Calculation scripts
- Oracle Hyperion certification