To be based in Homa Bay
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, VMMC , coordinates all social mobilization and demand creation strategies and activities within the three Counties and to ensure that the set MC targets for the teams are shared out and achieved within expected time frame .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the development, management and implementation of an evidence-based mobilization strategies for VMMC program.
- Use innovative methods of formative research and social marketing to ensure every mobilization and demand creation strategy is appropriate to the target population.
- Develop, together with mobilization officers, subcounty specific mobilization strategies for continuous VMMC/EIMC client flow and provide technical support to the Mobilization officers.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the VMMC demand creation workplans.
- Supervise the financial monthly demand creation/mobilization expenditure and ensures timely liquidation and compliance to the approved budget.
- Collaborate with PEPFAR funded social-marketing organizations to ensure a comprehensive approach to mobilization and demand creation.
- Determine the necessary IEC/ BCC messages required and coordinate with other national and county MC communications working groups to ensure messages and materials developed are relevant.
- Participate in the national and county VMMC communications working group to ensure harmonized coordination of messages with other partners.
- Provide technical assistance to the subcounty Mobilization officers with planning and facilitation of training on VMMC mobilization strategies using the key messages developed by the national &county technical workgroups on VMMC demand creation models.
- Oversee training and mentorship of mobilization team including evaluation of the performance of demand creation department.
- Ensure adoption and compliance to national VMMC strategy on communication and mobilization
- Prepares monthly VMMC demand creation budget, monthly summary operations report and quarterly comprehensive operations report
- Any other official duties assigned by the VMMC Technical advisor or Program Director.
- Degree in Social or Health Sciences or Community development.
- At least 4 years of experience in coordinating VMMC social mobilization and demand creation activities
- Masters in social sciences or public health is an added advantage
- Demonstrable achievement in VMMC.
CLOSING DATE 05 AUGUST 2018