Under the overall supervision of the M&E Specialist, Health Informatics officer will be responsible for EMR roll-out and
implementation in the supported sites in support to quality HIV programming. He/she will support in implementation
and maintenance of a robust knowledge management system in furtherance of EGPAF’s goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support EMR maintenance, roll-out and implementation in EGPAF Kenya supported facilities.
- Support regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
- Implement quality assurance strategy to improve EMR data in all supported sites
- Support in implementation and maintenance of a robust EGPAF Kenya Knowledge Management System (EKMS).
- Coordinate capacity building session to EGPAF staff, MoH and other stakeholders on health informatics related activities including EMR and use of m-health solutions.
- Support in entry/import/export of data in/from EKMS, PEPFAR database (DATIM)and DHIS2
- Support in roll-out and implementation of m-health solution to facilitate real time data transmission and report sharing.
- At least a diploma in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology
- Over 3 years’ experience is similar or related position
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in EMR design, roll-out and implementation
- Experience in SQL database design and administration
- Knowledge of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite) and database programming including stored procedures, triggers and functions required
- Familiarity with MOH EMR standards and knowledge of Open MRS
- Proficient in statistical analysis packages (SPSS/STATA/R etc)
- Experience with managing and coordinating teams
- Ability to build and manage strong working relationships among diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Commendable knowledge & skill in monitoring & evaluation activities
- Strong oral and written communications skills