Reporting to the County Service Delivery Advisor, the PMTCT/MNCH/FP/RH Program Officer is responsible for providing coordination, technical, leadership and management support to implementation of high quality PMTCT/MNCH/FP/RH services across EGPAF supported sites within the supported Counties. S/he will provide technical oversight and capacity building to health care workers in supported sites to assure assess and delivery of quality, relevant and quantifiable services. S/he will ensure all HCWs and other support staffs have capacity/skills to manage, deliver and sustain provision of comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention services for pregnant and lactating women, HEI and HII while integrating these services with MNCH/FP/RH services in MCH and CWC settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee development and implementation of integrated HIV/PMTCT/MNCH/FP/RH facility interventions and work plans and oversee the implementation
- Oversee the established EID, CD4 and VL lab networks in supported sites, ensuring timely collection of relevant lab samples for diagnosis and for monitoring treatment outcomes while ensuring results are received by patients in a timely manner to guide patient management
- Participate in carrying out service quality assessments and implementing continuous quality improvement projects at site level to improve quality of services in supported sites
- Ensure EID website is fully updated for all the sites being covered
- Oversee community PMTCT activities including pregnant women mapping to improve 1st ANC, fourth ANC and skilled birth attendance.
- Integrate HIV services within FP/RH and child welfare services; administer and track pregnancy intention among women LHIV and refer for appropriate FP/RH services
- Conduct targeted site supervision visits to Project supported sites in the supported Counties for technical assistance, capacity building and mentorship of HCWs.
- Clinical Officer, BScN or a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation.
- RH/ midwifery experience will be a distinct advantage
Required competencies, skills and experience
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Ministry of Health at County, sub-County and health providers at site level
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current PMTCT, MNCH, FP and RH guidelines, standards, tools and best practices. Up to date knowledge of general HIV management is a pre-requisite including management of suspected treatment failures
- Experience in establishing and sustaining HIV care and treatment services within MCH and CWC settings
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating mentorship and capacity building in PMTCT/MNCH/FP and RH
- Thorough knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team