To be located in Kakamega
- Participate in the day to day procurement and logistics activities including solicitation of quotations, analysis of quotations and filing of procurement paperwork ensuring that such activities are done in accordance with EGPAF and Donor requirements including securing required approvals.
- Completion of VAT exemption application forms (DA1) including filing and timely dissemination to the respective donor agencies and follow ups to ensure all exemptions are received
- Prepare weekly procurement status reports in the prescribed template
- Develop, maintain and continually update the Pre-approved vendors register, and also create a good rapport with the existing vendors while seeking business relationship with more vendors to with a view to achieving an optimal supplier base.
- Liase with finance team in ensuring that invoices for vendors are paid in time and that the invoice listing is timely updated and vendors are accurately informed of progress in preparation of payments.
- Assist in the Preparation of a weekly travel schedule for the drivers in consultation with the field staff and the office administration officer.
- In liaision with the head Driver, ensuring that the Licences are upto date and that vehicles are well maintained and serviced as the need arises.
- Periodic review of vehicle satellite tracker reports to ensure compliance with applicable speed limits, as well as adherence with the Foundation’s vehicle use policy
Property and Equipment Management
- Participate in periodic inventory verification and counting under the guidance of the procurement and logistics officer.
- Assist to oversee minor repairs of the office in conjunction with Landlord and Office admin, contract repairmen to fix office equipment and building.
- Assist in tagging of office assets and in updating of the inventory register.
- Ensure that all assets in the register are fully insured, and maintain the insurance policy files, as well as manage any subsequent claims procedures
- Advice Line Manager on all issues related to procurement and logistics, and ensure transparency and accountability in all activities.
- Ensure that the office generator is in good condition including fuel consumption monitoring and servicing.
- Facilitate procurement audits and internal compliance reviews
- Participate in development of assets disposition plans during project close outs
- Any other work related duties as may be assigned from time to time
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Minimum Business related degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies management
- Minimum three years working in donor funded project (preferably USG funded) in a similar level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Uncompromising Integrity
- A wide understanding and experience working with USG funded projects
- Experience with commodity management tracking systems
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills and experience developing staff by assessing development needs, coaching and delivering training
- Strategic thinking, able to work in team settings and to provide suitable leadership therein
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares
- Willingness to travel (at least once a month )