JOB TITLE: Grants Officer
LOCATION : Mbarara
Reporting Relationship: Grants Officer reports to the Grants Manager
Support the department in the management of sub awards in order to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of sub agreements.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring Awardees’ (CSOs and Private Not For Profit hospitals and NGOs) performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Assist in development of monitoring and support plans under the guidance of Grants Manager and ensure they are properly implemented.
- Plan and conduct compliance site visit reviews for sub grantees as per country compliance review site visit plan
- Ensure all outstanding subs compliance review findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Provide regular reports to the department head regarding sub granting activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintains list of significant deficiency log and status for resolved and unresolved matters
- Provides information’s for updating contracts/grants information management systems including Award materials, letters, Correspondences and update the profile tab, Compliance tab, Amendment tab and close out tab for sites assigned
- Ensure all documentation for sites (electronic and paper) are completed, updated, organized and uploaded in CGIS
- Ensure each Sub Awardee has available funds, within the limitations of their contract, at all times.
- Submit all cash requests to the DC office for each sub Awardee as per agreed schedule in a timely manner
- Monitors Awardees’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives and ensures that Cash Request Checklist is completed for each Cash Request
- Ensure each Sub Awardee has an active award at all times
- Ensure Sub Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times
- Assist in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub Award
- Support the negotiation of sub-agreement budget and awards terms and conditions and prepares final sub-agreement award documents
- Provides on-going assistance to subrecipients to administer their subagreements compliant with all terms and conditions
- Supports the sub agreement close out process.
- Works closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on subagreement requirements
- Ensure amendments to contract and wards are developed and processed in a timely manner as needed.
- Addresses problems or concerns with management of Sub Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with the team in providing training on USG, Sub Award, EGPAF, and donor regulations and financial management to subgrantees including, but not limited to – kickoff training, orientation of Sub Awardees, Renewal Workshops, and Annual Trainings when necessary.
- Support an independent verification of all inventory (NEXP) in different sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, Economics, Statistics or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in US Federal funded grants/contracts administration and management. Preferably with international non-profit organizations.
- Experience in the development or implementation of contracts/grants and compliance training.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading
- Proficient computer/software skills, including command of Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues, contractors, vendors, and awardees
- Willingness to travel to the field up to 60% of time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
Please confirm your acceptance of this Job by signing of this Job Description.
By signing and dating this letter below, I accept this Job Description with Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation: