Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation
JOB TITLE: Human Resources 0fficer
The Human Resources Officer report to the Senior Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Officer plays a generalist role in providing support in the day-to-day management and administration of the human resources function. While the focus is typically on HR administration & compliance, the position may also support other functional areas such as recruitment, staff orientation, training & development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and performance management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Support recruitment processes, including posting vacancy announcements, tracking and reporting on recruitment processes, preparing interview files and schedules, and assisting with reference checks for final job candidates.
- Support administration of HR policies; including employee terms & conditions of service, leave records etc. Administer the organization medical scheme.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information. Ensure all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed, and updated as necessary. Ensure all employees are in receipt of critical HR documents, including a current contract, employee handbook, and job description.
- Update HR Payroll and HR system and track contract expiry dates for renewal. Ensure any changes in an employee’s status are adequately documented.
- Support the orientation and on-boarding of new employees, welcome package, orienting staff regarding employment conditions, registering staff for benefits schemes, and ensuring new staff have appropriate work space and resources.
- Support the management and general administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Prepare and update the human resources data base, and update the organization chart on a monthly basis and circulate to employees.
- Assist with employee safety, welfare and wellness programs, and support internal communications and staff training & development needs.
- Assist in providing support on performance management system and ensure that key dates and deadlines are met.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable labour laws.
Required Qualifications and Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology from a reputable university. A post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management will be of an added advantage
- A 3-5 years hands on experience as HR Generalist with expertise in managing employee training and development, Performance Management of satellite staff and Employee Relations.
- Experience gained in international non-profit sector preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the HR function.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Excellent skills in data bases, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy.
- Well organized, self guided and motivated to produce quality work.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Fluency in English and at least one local language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer