WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together our 42,000 experts, based in more than 500 offices, across 40 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications, the Director, Global Communications is responsible for the implementation of communications strategies and programs in line and consistent with the brand, both internally and externally, for WSP’s global operations. He/she leads a team of communications professionals and allocates appropriate talent and resources to all communications initiatives to guide them to completion. He/she creates and develops annual strategic communications plans for the business and executes key elements of the plan while simultaneously providing guidelines, tools, templates and role delegation for elements to be executed in the plans.
An ambassador of the organization, the director will build strong relationships with the leadership team, the heads of country communications/marketing teams, influencers, as well as internal and external stakeholders. He/she will also manage key communications personnel, sharpening their skills and assisting in complex tasks.
- Closely collaborate with the senior management team; develop and manage relationships with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop, in consultation with key partners, a company-wide communication framework to ensure that every region is an ambassador for content creation/execution of internal or external communications.
- Work with these stakeholders in developing policies and processes with the goal of continuously optimizing internal and external communications.
- Supervise a team working in collaboration with internal clients and engage senior management to respond to employee engagement requirements.
- Work with multidisciplinary communications teams locally and globally to plan and produce comprehensive programs and initiatives, including corporate documents (annual report, sustainability report, etc).
- Work with senior management on developing presentations, key company messaging and speech.
- Create, plan, manage and deliver short and long -term communications strategies.
- Oversee the development of a wide range of communication tools, such as, newsletters, presentations, brochures, social media content.
- Assess the effectiveness of the business’s communications channels and activities and set in place measures to track awareness and momentum.
- Challenge the status quo of the communications department and seek out new creative and innovative ways and opportunities to increase communications efficiency. Regularly introduce a fresh perspective to the communications department.
- Manage the communications budget and KPIs.
- The director will lead a team of communications employees. Team management responsibilities will include: setting team objectives, performance management, empowerment, providing ongoing support and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of success working at an executive level, preferably in a communications management role within a global professional services firm.
- A team-builder with the ability to organize and solidify teams around concentrated/focused goals and objectives.
- A recognized people-leader with the ability to speak well, write effectively, formulate and present detailed plans and objectives.
- Diplomatic skills to provide leadership to the team, internal and external stakeholders, thus positively and productively impacting both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal, persuasive and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Ability to influence and gain the credibility and respect of global and regional executive leadership teams.
- Experience in planning, drafting, editing, and producing impactful content and strategies that reach targeted audiences.
- Extensive writing and editing experience across a broad range of communications channels.
- Proven ability to evaluate communications strategies and make impactful recommendations to improve enterprise-wide communications on a global basis.
- Ability to flourish in a complex and fast-paced environment and work well under stress.
- Energetic, flexible, and collaborative.
- Analytical, rigorous, strategic, self-reliant, results oriented leader with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to build, mentor and coach a team of communications specialists.
- English / French bilingualism required (both oral and written).
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Global Inc.