WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP Projects is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team, located at our Calgary office.
- Make project management decisions that comply with the Company Vision and targets
- Manage projects with total fees between $500,000 to $ 1,000,000 per year
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep the Project Director (PD) and others informed about project status and issues that may negatively impact client relations
- Work with client(s) to define the purpose, risks and financial basis for the project
- Develop the overall project schedule and develop a Project Outline which describes responsibilities, expected schedule, and constraints related to the agreed scope of work
- Evaluate submissions relative to the project needs, and make recommendations for approval
- Provide feedback on quality, schedule and budget to the professionals throughout the design process
- Review design submissions for compliance with the owner's requirements
- Document the decision process and communicate to the entire team at appropriate times to maintain consistency and commitment to your needs
- Provide appropriate feedback to employees on their performance
- Provide on the job training for project employees
- Make the Project Director aware of all activities that require or may require review
- Prepare proposals as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree inCivil Engineering; Architecture or Construction Management
- Post Graduate degree in Management
- Working knowledge of BIM Management for Contractors
- CITB, CIETH, PMP or IOSH accreditation for Construction Managers
- Software requirements; EMS Office, MS Project and Primavera P6
- 7 to 9 years of related work experience including 5 years' experience managing construction projects with a Tier 1 contractor and 2 years' experience with a professional project management firm
- Experience in a project leadership role
- Project management experience in engineering and H&S delivery on projects including; Hospitals, Education facilities, Commercial buildings, Residential buildings and Marine Ports
- Strong business development skills
- Effective client manager in each stage of the project management lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Proven ability monitoring schedules and providing direction for managing improvements
- Must have proven ability to manage cash flow and budget compliance on complex projects
- Proven ability to evaluate project impacts on facility operations and provide instructions to minimize problems
- Previous experience managing document flow for quality assurance, permit compliance, insurance and warranties is required
- Proven ability to set project budgets, prepare service requests, and maintain appropriate billable ratios for your time
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.