WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment. In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Building Restoration EIT to join our Building Science team, located at our Ottawa, ON office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, this position will include field investigations and managing technical projects involving existing structures restoration, new construction, building enclosure remediation, on-site testing and similar activities in support of a thriving buildings consultancy.
- Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options;
- Prepare building investigation reports, and construction documents;
- Perform invasive investigations, which may include ladder work, tool operation, working at heights, working in confined spaces, and making field measurements;
- Manage remediation projects including contract administration, progress meetings, and technical reviews;
- Prepare site visit reports, documenting observations, and field-testing results;
- Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants;
- Supervise CAD design in the creation of construction-related drawings;
- Generate appropriate technical specifications, and write reports for new construction and rehabilitation projects;
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems;
- Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Building Science, or an equivalent discipline;
- Registered or eligible for registration in P.Eng ., BSSO or CET designation is an asset;
- Knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs, and parking structures;
- Ability to gather and diagnose information, and interpret data and drawings;
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people;
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills;
- Skill in use of building science analytical software such as WUFI, THERM, or similar packages is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD are essential;
- Experience in Consulting Engineering or a related field is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.