WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment. In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Building Envelope Technician/Project Manager to join our Building Science team, located at our Ottawa, ON office. This person will be responsible for leading and managing lead field investigations, construction field reviews, on-site testing (windows, air-tightness, materials tests, etc), and similar activities in support of diagnostics and remediation of existing buildings and development of new construction.
- Manage building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options;
- Perform building enclosure commissioning activities;
- Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of construction-related drawings, technical specifications, and reports for new construction and rehabilitation projects;
- Manage the preparation of building investigation reports, and construction documents;
- Review site visit reports, documenting observations, and field-testing results;
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems;
- Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client relationships.
- College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, or a construction-related discipline;
- P.Eng., BSSO or CET designation is an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to building envelopes;
- Knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, and roofs;
- Ability to gather and diagnose information, and interpret data and drawings;
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful and energetic people;
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills;
- Ability to use of building science analytical software such as WUFI, THERM or similar packages is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD are considered essential;
- Experience in Consulting Engineering or a related field is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.