WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Regional Manager to join our Geomatics business unit in Ontario. Reporting to the VP Operations, Geomatics, the Regional Manager sets both the long and short term strategic direction for the region, implementing effective objective setting and delivering to action plans ensuring the region is meeting targets and contributing to the success of the Geomatics Business Unit and WSP overall.
- Develop the annual regional budget and business strategy, in alignment with the Geomatics’ and WSP budgets and strategies;
- Oversee the setting of regional and staff objectives as well as the creation and implementation of local action plans, all in support of achieving goals related to: budgets, standards of financial performance, quality, safety, and culture;
- Ensure the region meets set financial targets including: Net Revenue, Operating Margin and DSO;
- Monitor, measure, and report on regional results, opportunities, business development plans, challenges and achievements;
- Provide operational expertise and oversite within the region to team leads and other Managers;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other Geomatics managers and senior leadership, representing Ontario’s needs and identifying opportunities to resource share and collaborate to improve overall Geomatics efficiency;
- Work with WSP’s various Support Services groups (IT, HR, Finance, Safety, Quality) acting as the key liaison for the region.Be a change leader, taking responsibility to understand the various national programs and practices which are being rolled out and providing support and training to staff in order to implement these locally;
- Maintain a high degree of personal involvement with major clients.Proactively seek to understand evolving client needs, local and industry trends and upcoming project opportunities in Ontario.Anticipate and plan for maximizing business growth opportunities;
- Manage proposals and contractual agreements originating within the region, liaise with Geomatics Business Development staff to create local business development plans;
- Understand the short and long term workforce requirements for the region.This includes identifying future skill sets required and any gaps, utilizing WSP programs to proactively build a strong talent pool; ensuring that a succession plan is in place for key positions;
- Lead local safety and quality efforts ensuring staff are current on evolving programs and practices; ensure improvement action plans are created and implemented in response to audit results;
- Act as a spokesperson for WSP within the community and encourage staff to do the same.Participate in industry associations and proactively work to raise local WSP brand awareness.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere where people want to work and encourage all employees to “be the best they can be.”
- Post-secondary education degree/diploma in a Geomatics or Civil Engineering program;
- Professional Land Surveyor designation is an asset;
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Geomatics leadership role with surveying experience in the Construction, Municipal, Oil & Gas and Pipeline industries;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate structures, administrative and operational procedures and financial reporting;
- Committed to outstanding service quality and safety performance;
- Capable of creating and leading a high performing and efficient team;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a commitment to promoting strong communication amongst other WSP Geomatics’ office locations;
- Strong change management skills with the ability to lead others accordingly;
- Effective decision maker, holding both yourself and others accountable to same.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc #LI-SL1.