WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
The Buildings Project Management (BPM) team represents our clients’ interests throughout all project phases, requiring dedicated project/program managers across all stages, including planning, design, procurement, construction, and close-out. The current team of professionals across Canada combines extensive industry experience with best-in-class project management processes. The BPM function develops delivery strategy, oversees the planning, organization, and control of the work required to implement that strategy and establishes an appropriate and effective assurance regime to identify and address any deviations.
Reporting to the National Vice President, Project Management - Buildings, the Director, Business Development, Project Management – Buildings, is the Business Development (BD) leader of the BPM team across Western Canada with particular emphasis on the Calgary Market. You have a demonstrated ability to drive success, develop new business, provide strategic client advice, inspire sales teams and achieve assigned BD Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets. You will also have the opportunity to shape the Project Management BD strategy in Western Canada and to execute same in the promotion and coordination of the function. You are also responsible to learn, liaise and cooperate with the other BD representatives and actively participate in the development of an integrated solution for multi-disciplinary opportunities.
- Has a genuine commitment to WSP’s goals and values and has demonstrated success in establishing vision, building business, developing new relationships and mentoring careers
- Builds and maintains WSP`s brand and reputation internally and externally. This includes communicating a consistent message, providing a presence and providing active visibility in the local business community. This may also include potentially serving in various organizations (Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.)
- Maintains and reviews periodic KPI reports and implements improvement/mitigation strategies to achieve the KPI Targets, as agreed
- Directs, coordinates, maintains and monitors National and Key Account and competitor intelligence initiatives (eg. Account Management Plans, etc), as directed
- Maintain and create strong relationships with other leaders in industry and government to realise newopportunities for WSP
- Lead and/or support the successful submission of large/complex technical and financial Proposals
- Identify and input to the development of suitable collateral to support marketing and business development
- Identify opportunities for collaboration between Business and Service Lines, including cross-selling of services with other Service Lines
Alignment & Integration
- Participates in National Service Line BD meetings
- Participates in District BD meetings
- Initiates and maintains a network of business contacts and represents WSP Project Management
- Attends key functions as the District representative for WSP Project Management
- Maintains a strategic knowledge of the Project Management’s national market to develop and grow key relationships with clients and business partners
- Keeps informed of the changing business climate with respect to government policy, economic and market trends, and regulatory developments
- Liaises with International/Regional/District BD Leaders to leverage key client relationships to identify opportunities to grow the business
- Facilitates introductions / meetings for business colleagues with existing or new clients
- Works with Business Development and Business Unit Leadership to support identification and tracking of market trends that are significant to the Project Management’s strategic/annual objectives
- Supports national initiatives acting as the lead local Project Management representative
- Other duties, as assigned
- PMP designation, along with a degree from a recognized University
- An excellent communicator; articulate and persuasive
- Acts with a sense of purpose; responds to clients with a sense of urgency
- Experienced in business pursuits; not in just identifying opportunities but converting them into actual business contracts
- Recognized as a high integrity and trusted member of the business community
- Sets the example of a strong work ethic; focused on meeting all project deadlines without compromised quality
- Has a good understanding of business finance and a proven track record of profitable projects
- Can motive and engage team members to achieve business and personal objectives
- A balanced thinker; logical and creative. Able to develop innovative yet efficient business plans
- Leads by example; experienced in project development and delivery
- Has a good knowledge of our core Owner’s Representative/Project Management business
- Entrepreneurial thinker; skilled at finding creative and profitable business solutions
- Understands basic real estate concepts
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.