Intermediate Electrical Engineer – Infrastructure Facilities
- Design of power distribution systems, including substations, emergency power generators and UPS, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgears, switchboards, distribution panels, MCCs, motor controls, VFDs and soft starters.
- Design of building services and life safety systems, including lighting and controls, PA and intercom, CCTV, security, and fire alarm systems.
- Preparation of technical memorandum, reports and electrical specifications.
- Attendance to various stage project meetings involving clients, consultants and contractors.
- Coordination with local utilities for power and telecommunication services.
- Coordination with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to obtain all necessary design data and incorporate into the design drawings and specifications.
- Providing construction services including shop drawing review, RFI response, RFQ and change order review, supervision of testing and commissioning, and site inspection.
- Providing technical support to the project managers.
- Preparation of engineering analysis including design considerations and calculations, arc flash and protection coordination, life cycle and construction cost estimate, and equipment selection.
- Conducting site surveys to gather field data and site inspections for condition assessment.
- Management on project issues, budgets, and schedules;
- Review of design documents for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices;
- Coordination of the activities for the design and construction teams;
- Mentoring and training for junior staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in the design of infrastructure projects in Ontario and Canada
- Hold a valid Professional Engineers License from PEO
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards including OESC, OBC, IEEE, ASHRAE, CSA and OHSA.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Micro Station, and Revit will be definite asset.
- Proven track record in project management and delivery
- Excellent judgement, well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal, verbal communication and technical report writing skills.
- Strong sense of leadership, able to work under pressure and have a sense of urgency