WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Cornwall office. Reporting to the Structural Engineering Department Manager this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors.
- Perform Engineering Calculations and Assessments for Steel, Concrete, Masonry, and Wood structures;
- Manage and Coordinate projects with clients and other disciplines;
- Respond to Client Request for Proposals;
- Complete Engineering Assessments;
- Write Technical Reports;
- Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for Site Assessments and Site Support;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil Engineering Degree;
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO;
- 5-10 years of experience;
- Thorough familiarity with all applicable codes and standards;
- Demonstrated Project Management experience;
- Proficiency in E-tabs or Robot;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.