WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a CAD / Revit Technician / Technologist in our Cornwall, Ontario Office.
- Develop and prepare structural engineering drawings, plans, diagrams and layouts from sketches in the areas of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, light wood frame for a variety of clients;
- Revit modelling and drawing;
- AutoCAD drawing preparation;
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates;
- Conduct quality control checks of design drawings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years progressive experience;
- Graduates of a Civil Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology program with relevant experience will be considered;
- AutoCAD proficiency essential;
- Working knowledge of Revit required and a strong proficiency is an asset;
- Meticulous attention to detail essential;
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Exposure to a construction environment would be considered an asset;
- Exposure to Structural design would be an asset;
- Ability to multi-task in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Exceptional organizational, prioritizing and time management skills;
- Willingness to work overtime when required;
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- Good oral and written communication abilities essential.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.