WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to join our HR Department located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the HRBP is responsible for delivering human resources functions and administrative oversight to ensure employee’s needs are met and corporate policies followed in the project office. This individual works closely with project managers to ensure HR programs and services are in place to support and drive project objectives. In this role, the Senior HR Advisor leverages services from the Centers of Excellence in areas such as Talent Planning, Global Mobility, and Benefits.
We are seeking an individual with a solid HR background and demonstrated change management experience who excels at managing a broad range of human resources initiatives and programs.
The selected individual will be able to guide cultural change, build internal partnerships, provide coaching and guidance to others and offer creative solutions to project issues.
- Employee onboarding, orientation, development, and training;
- Support immigration process by managing all the paperwork required by the Mobility team;
- Prepare cost projections and track global mobility costs needed for reporting;
- Develop and build a work culture of collaboration;
- Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR initiatives for the project while adhering to WSP policies and programs;
- Respond promptly and accurately to requests for HR information;
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Advise and facilitate people management, career development, and training;
- Develop and implement approaches and solutions which foster sound employee relations and engagement;
- Measure and monitor key HR performance indicators;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent in a related field;
- 12+ years of human resources activities through major projects;
- CHRP or CHRL certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of fundamental HR regulations and practices in Ontario;
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: compensation, employee relations, management coaching, organizational development, diversity, benefits, employee communications and talent acquisition;
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills;
- Thrives in a structured environment and requires minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.