Direct Impact, a leading grassroots communications firm and division of Burson-Marsteller, seeks a full-time Communications Specialist to work with one of its largest global clients as liaisons between the client’s corporate office and its plant’s facilities in the Dearborn area.
The client’s facilities are in the Sterling and Romeo areas. Traveling to both facilities is necessary on a weekly basis. This is a contract position (40 hours/week) for the 2018 calendar year and is highly likely to be renewed in 2019 and beyond. This role will focus on streamlining communicators between corporate stakeholders, employees and Human Resources with the goal of increasing employee engagement and understanding of client brand position. The ideal candidate is someone who:
• Is already embedded in the communications field
• Or who is looking to transition into communications from customer service, broadcasting, journalism or another media position.
• Strong internal writing and internal communication skills
• Top-notch organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Personal experience with social media and an understanding of its role in business
• Understanding of the impact of strong internal communications channels
• Awareness and knowledge of local or regional events and media environment
• Professional and interpersonal maturity with a proven track-record of successful relationship building
• 2-5 years of experience in the communications field
• Passion for the automotive industry a plus
• Being the on-site eyes, ears and voice of the communications team
• Acting as a liaison between the client’s facilities and corporate office and being the first line of communication to the employees
• Participating in real-time discussions with employees in various offices and answering their questions
• Identifying issues as well as opportunities for the client to further engage its employees
• Managing and tracking local “hot topics” regarding the company to ensure that it is at the forefront of the discussions
• Research, research, research – what the company’s employees are saying and what can be done to ensure satisfaction
• Report on and write articles about events and activities taking place at your location for company-wide distribution
• Write, format and distribute internal monthly newsletters
• Write leadership messages and presentations to address employees with company and location-specific information
• Disseminate timely information to employees through various internal channels on a consistent basis
• Managing the social media and digital presence for the company’s offices and helping employees to engage across the proper channels
• Traveling to both facilities on a weekly basis is necessary
About Direct Impact
Direct Impact (www.directimpact.com), established in 1988 is a leading grassroots consulting firm and part of Burson-Marsteller and the WPP Group. Direct Impact is America's largest, most experienced grassroots firm with clients that include major trade associations, industry groups, Fortune 500 corporations and government entities.
Burson-Marsteller is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. More information can be found here.
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.