For nearly 30 years, Direct Impact has been at the forefront of the grassroots communications industry, bringing a campaign-style approach to our clients’ communications challenges. Our industry-leading team specializes in building and executing at-the-doorstep campaigns at the hyper-local level that can reach thousands of communities across the country. The scope and structure of our grassroots network reflect lessons learned from our extensive work for successful issue advocacy campaigns across the U.S.
Assistant Project Manager, Direct Impact, Washington, DC
Direct Impact is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with strong organizational skills including the ability to manage detailed reporting for client projects or new business projects as well as writing and possessing an understanding of media, public relations and/or public affairs. This person will take part in running multi-market client programs and will be responsible for contributing to strategic direction for clients. In this role, you will work on diverse internal teams, drive project deliverables, achieve deadlines and deliver outstanding results.
Primary Responsibilities include :
- Ability to apply time management skills and attention to detail when producing client work
- Possess strong organizational skills including ability to manage detailed reporting including clip media sheets and influencer targeting lists.
- Ability to be resourceful when researching an issue, company or brand, and to produce comprehensive and client-ready briefing materials with little guideance.
- Foster productive relationships internally and externally:
Maintain open lines of communication and excellent working relationships with field network
Be a team player internally with productive peer relationships
Ability to interact with clients and other WPP team members in a professional manner
- Demonstrate a baseline understanding of our business model, functions of earned media, functions of third-party ally development
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PPT, Factiva and other research programs
Additional Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Communications or a related field
- Experience drafting press releases, media advisories and other press materials
- Skilled at developing and delivering presentations and pitches for clients and prospective clients
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
-Two to three years of experience
-Agency, Hill and/or campaign experience is preferred
What we offer :
A collegiate and collaborative environment filled with diverse and talented individuals who are happy to come to work and deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. An unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting edge tools to include our unique evidenced based communications approach.
About Direct Impact :
Direct Impact ( www.directimpact.com ), established in 1998, is a leading grassroots communications consulting firm and part of Burson-Marsteller and the WPP Group. Direct Impact is America’s largest, most experienced grassroots communications firm with clients that include major trade associations, industry groups, Fortune 500 corporations and government entities.
About Burson-Marsteller :
Burson-Marsteller, established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications firm. We provide clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of PR, public affairs, reputation & crisis management, advertising & digital strategies. Our seamless worldwide network consists of 73 offices and 83 affiliates, together operating in 100+ countries across six continents.
Burson-Marsteller is a unit of WPP, the world’s leading communications network. Burson-Marsteller is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. More information can be found here.
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.