At The Health Trust we believe that Silicon Valley, a community where innovation is changing the world, also can be a community where innovation improves the health of everyone – especially our most vulnerable residents. That’s why our vision is a healthier Silicon Valley for everyone. Destination: Home is a system disrupting, homelessness-ending program of The Health Trust. We partner with the public/private sector to systematically end homelessness in Santa Clara County.
The Project Manager for Housing Ready Communities will lead our efforts to build coalitions, partnerships and implement strategies to facilitate the development of Extremely Low Income (ELI) and Supportive Housing in Santa Clara County, as part of the Santa Clara County Community Plan to End Homelessness.
- Responsible for Destination: Home’s (D:H) overall mission, including implementing our Housing Ready Communities Campaign, focusing on increasing the supply of ELI and Supportive Housing throughout Santa Clara County.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and measuring Housing Ready Community strategies.
- Coordinates with cities, county and project communities to develop community and neighborhood coalitions in support of ELI and Supportive Housing.
- In partnership with County of Santa Clara and local cities, develop a county-wide ELI and Supportive Housing development strategy:
- Organizes and convenes stakeholder briefings to communicate strategies, projects and incorporate feedback.
- Works with developer partners to facilitate positive outcomes for new housing developments.
- Works with cities/county/Housing Authority leadership on collective impact strategies for increasing the supply of ELI and Supportive Housing.
- Works with neighborhoods, community based organizations and local stakeholders in fostering successful ELI project design, including community feedback and consensus.
- Strengthens public/private partnerships focused on affordable housing developments in cities.
- Serves as an expert resource on homelessness, including supportive and affordable housing.
- Creates partnerships to support Housing Ready Communities with corporations, major employers, and small businesses.
- Raises or leverages funding for strategy implementation.
- Creates targeted presentation materials to address various stakeholder groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public policy, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated Community Organizing experience.
- Understanding of affordable housing development and financing.
- Minimum 3 years management/supervisory experience.
- Experience developing excellent communication and presentation materials.
- Experience in implementing collective impact strategies.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication and demonstrated excellence in public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership experience.
- Excellent understanding of city governments and local affordable housing development.
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and deadline skills.
- Critical thinking ability for high level planning, analyzing and problem solving.
- Knowledge of strategies to end homelessness including Housing First. .
- Knowledge and understanding of ELI and Supportive Housing development and operations.
- Knowledge of Santa Clara County’s nonprofit and development community preferred.
- Knowledge of Santa Clara County’s private/public sectors preferred.
- Proficient in Google products.
- Employment background screening required.
- Local travel required.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER