The primary purpose of the Paralegal is to assist in-house counsel with handling a large caseload of litigated and non-litigated matters. Simon Property Group is the largest real estate company in the world and has been recognized 5 times in the last decade as Fortune's Most Admired Real Estate Company. The ideal incumbent will be a highly motivated and experienced Paralegal, preferably with exposure to litigation, and will enjoy the opportunity to work with our dynamic legal team in our downtown Indianapolis headquarters.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting Simon's internal counsel with managing commercial litigation and addressing non-litigated legal matters involving Simon's corporate operations and retail properties throughout the nation.
- Responding to inquiries from Simon personnel and outside counsel.
- Investigating a wide range of factual and legal issues.
- Gathering information and documents responsive to discovery requests in litigated matters.
- Drafting memoranda and correspondence.
- Reviewing and proposing revisions for contracts/leases.
- Maintaining a web-based matter tracking database for such matters.
- Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Litigation experience preferred
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask effectively, adhere to deadlines, and be able to work collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously