The primary role for this position includes shared responsibilities with the DBA team for administration of Simon’s DB2 and SQL Server Database Environments. The Database Administrator ensures a high-level of reliability and availability for Simon database management systems, provides level 1 support for all 24x7 on-call issues, and initiates escalation of complex database related problems.
The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Primary support for management of Simon Database Maintenance Scheduler, ETL tasks and troubleshooting issues.
- Assist in all tasks necessary to ensure successful database disaster recovery scenarios.
- Assist with supporting Simon database user communities with existing and new applications for production, test, and development environments.
- Issue management that includes working with external and/or internal resources to identify, analyze, and provide solutions for issues as they arise.
- Create and/or maintain database documentation for Simon Database Environments, procedures and tasks within a Wiki format.
- Assist in the creation and configuration of new database environments.
- Assist or provide support for the DB2 and/or SQL Server database environments in the areas of: Database patch deployment and upgrades, Backup and recovery, Space management, DBMS and SQL tuning, Proactive monitoring, DBMS installation, configuration, upgrade and migrations, Security management, Disaster Recovery management, and Auditing
- Possess a good understanding of database concepts for DB2 and/or SQL Server.
- Proficient in the use and application of SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Advanced skills and technical experience in the designing, planning, and implementation of storage and contingent systems and procedures.
- Ability to use critical thinking and logic skills to analyze data, interpret results, and resolve issues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Experience using scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, .Net and Visual Basic).
- Ability to analyze and improve business objectives through appropriate technology and/or process improvements.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), including DTS management and conversion and automated reporting processes.
- Experience using and appreciation of standard change control procedures and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer-centric focus.
- Self-motivated and strong team skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems.
- Possess an understanding of Linux Operating Systems.
- Assist the DBA Team with tasks associated with Simon Projects and Applications.
- B.S. in Computer Technology or Business Administration or equivalent related experience preferred with at least 2-4 years overall experience in Information Technology.
- 3 to 5 years database management, data warehouse management or data storage management and development support.