The primary purpose of the role is to assist the EVP of Luxury and International Leasing (EVP) in all tasks and responsibilities pertaining to the daily management of the leasing effort for all Luxury and International assets / developments.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the EVP in all aspects of the leasing effort of the luxury and international Premium Outlet assets; including attending tenant meetings, tracking the status of all proposals generated by the Premium Outlets Leasing Department, tracking status of all leases out to tenants, and assisting in resolving outstanding issues.
- Assist the EVP in the deal flow and deal making of all Luxury accounts, including the data entry and management of Simon systems and internal coordination with legal, tenant coordination and development.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Development teams on creation/updating of property collateral materials
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the Leasing strategy for each focus property. This task will involve gathering, organizing and analyzing the necessary information and reports for each center, specifically the list of vacancies and active proposals out, current sales per square foot for the center, and the trend and updates on the competitive landscape. Working with all of the leasing representatives to implement the property based leasing strategy.
- Assist in the preparation of the EVP for Quarterly Business Unit Meetings which focuses on an update of activity and strategy for each focus property.
- Coordinate with Finance for the analysis of deal where necessary
- Manage a few (small) accounts with supervision from the EVP after a period of successful training and learning preparing the Associate for a Leasing Representative position.
- Assist the EVP with all data entry and interaction with Simon systems, Cognos and SSLE.
- Keep him / herself and the EVP updated on new trends and possible brand targets coming in to the industry and after training, make meetings with such brands to enter the Premium Outlet portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree – MBA preferred
- 2-3 years retail leasing/selling experience
- High energy level
- In-depth knowledge of merchandising
- In-depth knowledge of deal structures and lease terminology
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Interest and knowledge of Fashion and Design
- Experience from International travel or International background ideal