Fabricate models and prototype parts to support new product development engineering teams. Build, repair and maintain jigs, fixtures, dies, gauges, and tools for Manufacturing Operations.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position will support our Contractor Equipment Division (CED) in Rogers, MN. At CED our product line meets the needs of painting and general contractors, and includes airless, air and gas-powered sprayers, line stripers, pressure washers, and roofing equipment (http://bit.ly/1zMGRDu). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Program and operate CNC machines.
- Transform complicated drawings and sketches into parts.
- Perform hand-fitting operations.
- Build multiple parts holding tools.
- Work with engineers and or support groups on machine requirements that could affect the quality and cost of prototypes being built.
- Work from sketches and conversations with engineers as necessary Inspect work to assure parts conform to blueprint by the use of precision measuring equipment.
- Maintains safety procedures for self as well as for others using the built tools/prototypes.
- Must be willing to move to other machines as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 year technical schooling degree in Machine Tool Technology, or Tool and Die
- Minimum of 3 years CNC machine tool operation and programming experience combined milling and turning machines. (Internal candidates: 2 years experience in Graco machining required)
- Previous CNC operating and programming experience.
- Must be able to inspect complex parts, to read and understand complicated drawings, and have training in advanced math and precision measuring instruments (both English and Metric).
- Ability to apply Graco standards and geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Proven ability to do prove outs, preprods and reprocessing and demonstrated examples of cost savings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and effectively execute the plans given by manager or supervisor.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have strong PC skills and ability to work with Microsoft products
- Demonstrated ability to work with various tool steels and heat treat processes
- Demonstrated ability to setup and operate all equipment in the Tool Build area
- Time in grade will need to be satisfied along with a completed promotional checklist to move to the next grade Model and Tool and Die Maker
Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!