Bus Fleet Mechanic / Diesel Engine Specialist
|Job Code:||Hayward - T2|
We are currently looking for someone special to be a part of our World Class Transportation Services Organization and grow with us as we launch forward into the new school year! Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express one of the largest providers of Student Transportation Services in North America and Canada is now taking applications for a skilled: Diesel Bus Technician (Tech II) at our Hayward, CA, Customer service center. This position will support our fleet excellence program through routine preventative maintenance, accurate diagnostics and reliable repair of our school bus fleet.
Qualified Candidates should have:
*-* Minimum of two to three years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
*-* Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
*-* Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
*-* Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
*-* Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Master Technician
*-* Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Truck Technician
*-* Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
*-* Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
*-* Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
Please apply at our Facility below:
DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES
27577 Industrial Blvd "A"
Hayward, CA 94545
Interested candidates may also apply online: *ONLINE APPLICATION*
• Health Insurance
• Paid Time off Policies
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability Options
• Direct Deposit
• Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
• 401 (k) with Company Match
• Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
• Flexible Spending Account options
Diesel Bus Technician (Tech II) - To perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition. To receive training and hands-on experience to learn to perform the tasks of the trade safely and efficiently and obtain certification as a Technician.
1. Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
2. Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
3. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
4. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of assignment.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor immediately of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Key Skills In: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Related jobs for Military MOS 3521, 3522, 3529, MOS, 91A, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M, 63A, 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63X, 63Z, 91Z, 63X, Services tech, Wheeled Mechanic, Maintenance of Motor Transport.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer
|Back to Search Results