At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we have fun, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth—we’re currently seeking a Business Development Director to join our team.
Who you are:
- A domain expert with experience selling content and/or commerce-based solutions who can provide thought leadership and authority to help guide clients in the digital space.
- A prospector and expert navigator who can successfully manage a pitch from start to finish and has a proven record of success.
- An impact driver who inspires internal teams and clients alike and has a knack for combining expertise, strategic planning, and relationships into business impact.
- An organized problem solver with sharp business acumen and sound knowledge in both B2B and B2C environments.
- A polished presenter and relationship builder who can foster strong rapport with new clients.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively drive sales to meet, or exceed, annual quota.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of current and long-term customer needs, proposing appropriate solutions on the Adobe AEM Platform to validate SMITH’s value proposition.
- Drive lead development via personal network; generate leads from target list and partner relationships; attend conferences and marketing events; etc.
- Upsell business as appropriate from new and established customer relationships in partnership with Delivery Lead(s) and other core team members (Lead Strategist, Experience Lead, and Technology Leads).
- Maintain an exceptional knowledge of our value proposition and service offering especially as it relates to Adobe AEM Platform Solutions
- Ensure all statements of work are documented, accurate, and implemented.
What we look for:
- 10+ years’ experience in commerce, CXM, and CMS technologies in sales and/or partner sales capacities.
- Demonstrated success in the digital marketing technology space.
- Experience selling complex B2B and B2C technology solutions to enterprise-level clients.
- Demonstrated record of meeting or exceeding multimillion-dollar quotas (profitably).
- Proven record of growing both client and agency businesses.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to stay on top of industry trends.
- Proven consultative selling skills.
- Competency in managing complex teams and client relationships.
- Advanced negotiation, communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- Skilled collaborator and team player.
- Strong network of contacts.
What grabs our attention:
- Experience and ability to lead a pitch from start to finish. This includes acquiring and qualifying leads, developing the pitch strategy, assembling a winning team, getting competitive insights to position agency for success, generating the proposal, positioning SMITH against the competition, negotiating budget and terms, and closing the deal.
- Understanding of how to “bridge the gap” and ability to consultatively sell to marketing and IT/technology decision makers and executives.
- A “go-getter” who is proactive and resourceful in meeting goals and overcoming obstacles.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail, excellent follow-up skills, and ability to multitask and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A talent for developing and delivering organic and net-new growth within the portfolio of accounts as well as targeted new accounts.
- A natural ability to consistently cultivate a portfolio of new business efforts and to acquire and develop long-term relationships with key strategic clients at the executive level.
SMITH is a leading experiential commerce (xCom) agency that specializes in helping brands modernize the buying and selling experience for both B2B and B2C customers. SMITH is proud to serve some of the world’s most brands, including AT&T, Microsoft, Cansel, Top Golf, CDK Global, Xerox, and Tejuri.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Spokane and Ottawa-Gatineau and satellite presence in Dallas, Dayton, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Toronto. Learn more at www.smith.co. Follow us on Twitter: @humansofsmith.