SMITH changes how brands engage the world. We fuse strategy and intelligence with innovative technologies and world-class creative to create cross-channel, multi-touchpoint experiences that help brands connect with their most important audiences.
Who you are:
You are a digital native who has the maturity and experience to understand how the world has changed with the accelerating use of technology in our daily lives. Intuitively, you understand how different people embrace or reject technology in their lives, and relish understanding the differences between them.
Strategically, you understand the importance of framing problems and can break complicated challenges into manageable chunks of work. You also understand that the process of getting things done and creating solutions is a collaborative effort, and you readily ask for help and guidance when you reach beyond your comfort zone.
You also know how to figure things out and get things done on your own. You are comfortable gathering and synthesizing mounds of information and data, querying Google Analytics, Radian6, or any number of free data tools, as well as putting together a compelling and thoughtful PowerPoint deck.
What you’ll do:
As an Analyst on the Strategy team, you will partner with senior team members and become an expert in the audience and competitive landscapes for key clients. You will apply your knowledge and experience to help develop strategies and recommendations that will help our clients navigate the digital landscape successfully. Lastly, you will help bring the latest thinking, best practices, and tools into our work processes and business development pitches.
- Gather and synthesize audience, brand, and competitive data for client projects and business development efforts.
- Develop and grow expertise in the areas of social, audience research, digital marketing, and business strategy.
- Create effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- Help grow the role of strategy and analytics within the agency and help establish it as an agency differentiator.
What we look for:
- You are developing an expertise in strategy, research, or analytics specific to digital marketing, technology-enabled marketing, or ecommerce.
- You have substantial and recent experience (1–2+ years) with at least two of the following:
- Creating and/or analyzing and optimizing marketing automation (nurture) campaigns
- Analyzing social media conversations and sentiment for brands using free and paid tools like Radian6, Sysomos, Visible Technologies
- Performing competitive analyses focused in the areas of marketing, digital marketing, business, and/or technologies
- Analyzing web data, including website analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe), search analytics (e.g., Bing, Google), and/or online media platforms (e.g., Double-click)
- Creating and analyzing qualitative research—screeners, recruiting, discussion guides, findings documents
- Creating and analyzing quantitative research—surveys, segmentation, data queries
- Your work and education:
- Demonstrated experience and preference for working in a professional services environment, including management consulting or interactive/technology consulting organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or social sciences or equivalent experience
SMITH is a leading experiential commerce (xCom) agency that specializes in helping brands modernize the buying and selling experience for both B2B and B2C customers. SMITH is proud to serve some of the world’s most brands, including AT&T, Microsoft, Cansel, Top Golf, CDK Global, Xerox, and Tejuri.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Spokane and Ottawa-Gatineau and satellite presence in Dallas, Dayton, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Toronto. Learn more at www.smith.co. Follow us on Twitter: @humansofsmith.