At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth—we’re currently seeking a Senior Business Consultant to join our team.
The Senior Business Consultant is responsible for the strategic success of consulting engagements as measured by quantifiable business outcomes. Senior Business Consultants work closely with client stakeholders across lines of business (and colleagues across practices, as needed) to understand strategic drivers and tactical needs. They are responsible for influencing client decisions, as necessary, to ensure that the implementation can achieve business results with the necessary features, stability, usability, and scalability. As the product owner, the Senior Business Consultant may be responsible for leading the project delivery team to success, using professional ecommerce experience and judgment to assess and adjust the scope, schedule, and budget during the project delivery lifecycle to maximize business results and client satisfaction.
Who you are:
- A true team player with the simultaneous ability to think and express ideas both strategically and tactically
- An approachable, expert facilitator with exceptional interpersonal skills and strong situational awareness who can shift adeptly and effectively from collaborator to leader at all levels within the client organization and SMITH
- A relationship builder with strategic and tactical knowledge across all aspects of the digital world with focus on creating and delivering superior customer experiences
What you’ll do:
- Lead group workshops to identify strategic drivers and develop required use cases, functional requirements, and technical requirements.
- Provide analytical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and documenting ecommerce system requirements and procedures that are cost effective and meet business objectives and user needs.
- Ensure quality and relevance of user requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, data models, and process flow diagrams to control engagement scope, maintain high delivery quality, and ultimately deliver project successfully.
- Provide expertise on the functional use of Hybris, its various administrative cockpits, and the B2B and B2C accelerators. Lead client discussions mapping business requirements to the Hybris platform.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to develop project delivery plan, applying knowledge of the requirements and past project delivery experience to help identify risks and prioritize tasks.
- Provide consultation to client stakeholders and business users in ecommerce-specific business topics, including product catalog modeling, inventory management, marketing, pricing strategy, shipping and freight, taxes, international commerce, customer service, B2B customer management, B2B e-procurement and punch-out options, demand generation, promotion strategy, conversion optimization, multi-channel commerce, analytics, and more.
- Act as a bridge between the client, technical, and creative teams, facilitating internal, technical, and client design reviews and ensuring that delivered application remains true to the creative design.
- Accountable for successful completion of projects/programs. Champions accountability by example.
- Lead cross-functional project delivery teams in the identification and resolution of business or systems issues.
- Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts related to requirements, data, usability, and process analysis.
- Direct the configuration and maintenance of project team collaboration space (Confluence) and issue/task management system (Jira). Work with team members to maximize the value of these systems and set a good example in their use.
- Understand Hybris data structures, facilitate discussions about data models, and leverage expertise and past experience to anticipate business implications of data modeling decisions and make necessary compromises (project dependent).
- Apply expertise and experience to draw insights from analytics data (e.g., AOV, line items per order, conversion rates) to identify opportunities to improve key performance indicators (project dependent).
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing or leading successful ecommerce teams
- 10+ years' of relevant IT or industry experience in customer-facing positions, preferably in the e-business space
What grabs our attention:
- Experience with SAP Hybris and other ecommerce platforms
SMITH is a leading experiential commerce (xCom) agency that specializes in helping brands modernize the buying and selling experience for both B2B and B2C customers. SMITH is proud to serve some of the world’s most brands, including AT&T, Microsoft, Cansel, Top Golf, CDK Global, Xerox, and Tejuri.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Spokane and Ottawa-Gatineau and satellite presence in Dallas, Dayton, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Toronto. Learn more at www.smith.co. Follow us on Twitter: @humansofsmith.